FM Forum Rules
Landscape Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2015 · The Z Tree

dsjtecserv
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · The Z Tree

The Z Tree is one of the few Iconic subjects in Everglades National Park, or the greater Everglades for that matter. It's right next to the man road, but most people drive right past; except for photographers, who are always exploring a new angle, light or weather condition. So here is my take, a progression from sunset to deep twilight. Because the sky was nearly clear I figured the greater drama might be opposite the sun, and that gamble was rewarded with nice warm last light and a strong Belt of Venus.

http://www.pbase.com/dsjtecserv/image/159215589/original.jpg
http://www.pbase.com/dsjtecserv/image/159221984/original.jpg
http://www.pbase.com/dsjtecserv/image/159229850/original.jpg

Comments and suggestions are always welcome.

Dave

Feb 22, 2015 at 01:56 PM
Scott Kroeker
• • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · The Z Tree

Mother nature can be quite creative at times. This is a great find.

Feb 22, 2015 at 02:13 PM
edwinIII
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · The Z Tree

Very nice. I really like the second one with pano composition and soft twilight colors. I could see the first one making a nice contrasty B&W.

Edwin

Feb 22, 2015 at 02:35 PM
morris
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · The Z Tree

The second is my pick and stunning Dave. I was there the day before you took these. You can see that day's sunset in my post "tropical sunset."

Morris

Feb 22, 2015 at 02:45 PM
dsjtecserv
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · The Z Tree

Hey Morris, that's quite a coincidence. If you were there on the 25th, and your other thread is that day's sunset, then I also caught it, from a different part of the park, the Christian Point Trail near Flamingo. My shot is here. I made various stops on the road down to Flamingo during the day, where were you during the day?

Thank you Scott. Wish I could take credit for finding it! It is pretty well photographed. Edwin, thanks, I think I'll give the B&W option a try.

Dave

Feb 22, 2015 at 03:21 PM
Steve Perry
• • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · The Z Tree

Very nice set, very peaceful.

Feb 22, 2015 at 07:00 PM
Zeph
• • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · The Z Tree

I like the warm tones of the first and pano crop of the second...You captured the scene nicely...

Feb 22, 2015 at 10:27 PM
morris
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · The Z Tree

dsjtecserv wrote:
Hey Morris, that's quite a coincidence. If you were there on the 25th, and your other thread is that day's sunset, then I also caught it, from a different part of the park, the Christian Point Trail near Flamingo. My shot is here. I made various stops on the road down to Flamingo during the day, where were you during the day?

Thank you Scott. Wish I could take credit for finding it! It is pretty well photographed. Edwin, thanks, I think I'll give the B&W option a try.

Dave

We were heading in opposite directions. We had lunch at Flamingo, walked the trail around Eco Pond, visited the boat launch and did the board walk at West Lake, visited Pa-Hay-Okee and then spend a couple of hours at the Anhinga Trail departing after sunset. The sunset was just OK when we left and I told my wife and son it might develop yet we needed to get going as we needed to pack and catch the plane in the morning. We may have drove past each other on the road.

Morris

Feb 22, 2015 at 10:47 PM
andrew perkins
• •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · The Z Tree

what a crazy looking tree. really like the 2nd one here

Feb 23, 2015 at 05:55 PM
dsjtecserv
• • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · The Z Tree

Thanks, Steve, Zeph, Morris and Andrew.

Morris, we may have crossed paths at Eco Pond or West Lake. I got to Flamingo around 2:00 and had lunch at the marina. Pretty close!

Dave

Feb 23, 2015 at 10:44 PM
Ton Hung
• • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · The Z Tree

very nice

Feb 24, 2015 at 11:30 AM
philtax
• • • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · The Z Tree

#1 for me. I love the tree and cloudy sky.

Phil

Feb 26, 2015 at 12:50 PM
helenica
• • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · The Z Tree

Nice set. I like the first one most.

Feb 26, 2015 at 05:32 PM
dsjtecserv
• • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · The Z Tree

Thank you Tom, Phil, and Helen. Glad to see the first one getting some love. That was really nice light, and I thought it treated that strangle little tree well.

Dave

Feb 26, 2015 at 09:56 PM

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.