Thoughts are welcome.

Cheers,

Anurag.

Feb 21, 2015 at 06:34 PM
Gunslinger
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Dariya

Soft light ... beautiful model ... skilled photographer ... excellence!!

Feb 21, 2015 at 10:25 PM
RustyBug
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Dariya

You can really see the strong color difference in lighting on her face (side vs. front).

Feb 24, 2015 at 12:45 PM
Anurag
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Dariya

Kent, I remember just asking her husband to hold up a diffuser to block the direct sunlight. Don't think I had a color reflector. Unless I misunderstood your remark.

Feb 24, 2015 at 12:49 PM
RustyBug
• • • • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Dariya

It looks like the diffuser didn't fully block it ... i.e. some of her is still illuminated by the very warm direct sunlight (side) compared to the indirect lighting on the front.

After opening it up, it might just be a saturation level more than a color balance issue (note her necklace color also). I just find that when I know something is supposed to be the same color and it isn't ... something is driving that variance. In this case, I think it is the intensity of light (maybe a little color temp also) driving the diff.

I pulled back on the sat for the yellow a bit to try and level the side vs. front for comparison. As always, S&P to taste (also, could be some monitor variance in play).

Otherwise ... nicely done. I can see the growth in your shooting.

Feb 24, 2015 at 12:52 PM
DaveOls
• • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Dariya

I like the b&w and the last color version. The second image is way too orangey or something. Nice picture of an attractive girl.

Feb 26, 2015 at 08:12 AM
RKnecht
• • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Dariya

I like the color versions, but the B&W version is very nice.

Feb 26, 2015 at 12:48 PM
Anurag
• • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Dariya

Thank you gents. Kent, I wish I could accept the kind words at the end but the image was taken last summer. Medical school has made it very difficult to shoot these days. More often than not, I just try to revisit older images when I need to take a break. I do very much like your color version. Thanks for sharing.

Feb 26, 2015 at 10:33 PM

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.