New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2015 · 7D2 improved

kvolk
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · 7D2 improved

I tried to take BIF with the new 7D2 using servo focus. I tried for two months and got only one sharp shot. For a long time it was easy to blame it all on me. But when I almost filled the frame with a hawk against an empty blue sky at 1/3000 second and it still came out muddy/fuzzy/blurred I had to wonder if it was the camera after all. I broke down and sent it to Canon. It came back with a report "Works according to manufactures specifications". But then under the report of work done it listed "Cleaned" and "Focus adjusted"
It was nice that they adjusted the focus in spite of it working according to specifications because I'm getting some sharp shots now. I still get some fuzzy shots but can easily blame them on me or shooting against a busy background. I'm really quite pleased with it now.

Feb 21, 2015 at 05:08 PM
dwweiche
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · 7D2 improved

Maybe the order in which the statements appear on paper is not the order in which Canon did them.

Perhaps after the clean and focus adjust they tested the camera to be within spec.

Feb 21, 2015 at 05:18 PM
Photonadave
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · 7D2 improved

Feb 21, 2015 at 11:22 PM
EB-1
• • • • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · 7D2 improved

dwweiche wrote:
Maybe the order in which the statements appear on paper is not the order in which Canon did them.

Perhaps after the clean and focus adjust they tested the camera to be within spec.

One would hope they did not just adjust it for fun.

EBH

Feb 22, 2015 at 12:30 AM
altonsullivent

p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · 7D2 improved

Mine should arrive back today with the same issues you had. Hopefully, it will also be improved.

Feb 23, 2015 at 03:20 AM
RAMcG
• •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · 7D2 improved

Same issues. Just shipped mine off to NJ service center. They can say whatever they'd like, as long as it works...

Feb 24, 2015 at 10:19 PM

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.