Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

Archive 2015 · Canon 1Ds Mark II - FireWire - NO Communications with computer ?

ELSELS
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Canon 1Ds Mark II - FireWire - NO Communications with computer ?

... UPDATE - Solved the issues. Communications Established ...

I was able to finally - using an HP laptop, running Windows XP - 32 bit Operating System, installed the necessary Canon software from EOS Digital Solution Disk (Version) 9.0 - and connect the Canon 1D (Classic) and Canon 1Ds Mark II - Camera firewire to laptop firewire port.

Launched EOS Viewer Utility and could edit, change the Personal Functions, Name of Owner, etc.

~ Success - Thanks for all that commented ~

-------------------------------------------------------------

Hello:

I have been trying over and over recently, to "connect my Canon 1Ds Mark II camera (via the FireWire cable) to (any) computer" - using the Software EOS Utility, various versions AND - on various computer's with different Operating Systems (OS), to no avail.

I have access to FireWire ports on the computers, both running Mac OS X and Windows XP.

I have been trying to "set" the Personal Functions - which require the connectivity of the camera via the FireWire cable, to a computer using its FireWire port.

Any help, suggestions?

I am currently, as I write this thread - (on an iMac computer), external drive (USB) - "installing - Mac OS X - (Dinosaur) - Version:
.. " SNOW LEOPARD " .. in the attempts IT MIGHT allow me to install the Canon EOS software, then (therefore), allow the camera to be "detected" and then I can proceed.

Tips, suggestions, advice, (if you did get it to work for you) - HOW?

Thanks for your time,

(Seems like this is a long - weekend project. (Sigh)...

Have a nice day,

Ed

~ ~ ~

Edited on Mar 05, 2015 at 11:32 PM · View previous versions

Feb 21, 2015 at 02:38 PM
dolina
• • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Canon 1Ds Mark II - FireWire - NO Communications with computer ?

Try an older OS?

Have you tried using your other FW devices on the ports to test if the fault isnt in software but rather with the hardware?

Feb 21, 2015 at 03:02 PM
EB-1
• • • • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Canon 1Ds Mark II - FireWire - NO Communications with computer ?

It should work on XP as I used to do that back in the day. Do you have something like the EOS Disk 13 with utilities 1.1.x?

EBH

Feb 21, 2015 at 03:03 PM
ELSELS
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Canon 1Ds Mark II - FireWire - NO Communications with computer ?

EB-1 wrote:
It should work on XP as I used to do that back in the day. Do you have something like the EOS Disk 13 with utilities 1.1.x?

EBH

Hello:

I have the Canon OEM (Factory released) CD Disc, than is sealed and came with the camera.

I will "TRY" - momentarily to install that - it shows EOS SOLUTION DISK (Version 9.0) - it must be the original, but I can not find any copyright date (year) on the CD disc anywhere.

It shows the software programs, but I do NOT see any "labeled" EOS Utility (odd)?

Appreciate your help and comments...

Thanks,

Ed

~ ~ ~

Feb 21, 2015 at 03:12 PM
ELSELS
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Canon 1Ds Mark II - FireWire - NO Communications with computer ?

dolina wrote:
Try an older OS?

Have you tried using your other FW devices on the ports to test if the fault isnt in software but rather with the hardware?

Hello:

I am not sure as to HOW MUCH older I need to go back to..?

Thanks,

Ed

~ ~ ~

Feb 21, 2015 at 03:13 PM
jj_glos
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Canon 1Ds Mark II - FireWire - NO Communications with computer ?

Windows XP 32-bit should fine, that's what I use.

Feb 21, 2015 at 03:23 PM
Gochugogi
• • • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Canon 1Ds Mark II - FireWire - NO Communications with computer ?

Considering that the 1Ds MKII debuted Fall 2004 that would put it in the era of Mac OS 10.3x and 10.4x if you want to run a period correct EOS Utility via FW. I have a 2003 G4 (made in USA!) I keep around for running old OS 9 and 10 apps and FW devices and it's saved and converted many archaic audio and images files for me.

Feb 21, 2015 at 03:23 PM
EB-1
• • • • • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Canon 1Ds Mark II - FireWire - NO Communications with computer ?

EB-1 wrote:

EBH

ELSELS wrote:
Hello:

I have the Canon OEM (Factory released) CD Disc, than is sealed and came with the camera.

I will "TRY" - momentarily to install that - it shows EOS SOLUTION DISK (Version 9.0) - it must be the original, but I can not find any copyright date (year) on the CD disc anywhere.

It shows the software programs, but I do NOT see any "labeled" EOS Utility (odd)?

Appreciate your help and comments...

Thanks,

Ed

~ ~ ~

Click on the setup and chose custom install of the EOS utility only.

EBH

Feb 21, 2015 at 03:25 PM
Cicopo
• • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Canon 1Ds Mark II - FireWire - NO Communications with computer ?

I have both my original CD & the manual. The program you are looking for is EOS Viewer Utility. According to my EOS Digital Solution Disc, Ver 9.1 the program version on it is 1.2.1. The manual lists the program as being compatible for 1Ds2, 1D2, 1Ds, & 1D. From memory I'm pretty certain that a CD from a 40D or 5D & also from the 1D2n also has the correct Viewer program.

Feb 21, 2015 at 03:30 PM
EB-1
• • • • • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Canon 1Ds Mark II - FireWire - NO Communications with computer ?

Yeah, anything from the mid 200x era should work. I keep an old XP laptop for such eventualities.

EBH

Feb 21, 2015 at 03:31 PM
Cicopo
• • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Canon 1Ds Mark II - FireWire - NO Communications with computer ?

I'm pretty sure you also need to install the driver for the camera or it won't be recognized even with EOS Viewer loaded. .

Feb 21, 2015 at 06:00 PM
scalesusa
• • • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Canon 1Ds Mark II - FireWire - NO Communications with computer ?

It must be a 32 bit computer (XP 32 bit works well), and you need the old drivers and eos utility. Its really not worth the trouble.

Your original CD should work fine. You can then update to the latest version for windows XP 32 bit from the canon web site.

Do not select the newer operating system in the drop down box, select XP and you will be offered drivers and utilities that work with firewire. The dates on them are the clue, the very newest are from 2011, but most are older.

Feb 21, 2015 at 07:51 PM
ELSELS
• • • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Canon 1Ds Mark II - FireWire - NO Communications with computer ?

Thanks to everyone that posted within the thread...

I have been reading the posts, and enjoy the various input, thoughts,
opinions, ideas, etc.

Looking even forward to many more posts..

Have a nice day everyone,

Ed

~ ~ ~

Feb 22, 2015 at 05:44 PM
danski0224
• • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Canon 1Ds Mark II - FireWire - NO Communications with computer ?

I thought I had the original software discs for my Canon 1D... I don't.

Does anyone know of a link to download the EOS Viewer Utility 1.2.0? Or a copy of EOS Digital Solution Disc v9.1?

Mar 05, 2015 at 06:12 PM
ELSELS
• • • •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · Canon 1Ds Mark II - FireWire - NO Communications with computer ?

Hello:

Perhaps these links can provide you with some help?

This link is an older forum link:

Archive 2013 -

https://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1211236

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

This is a current link to take you to the Available (from Canon) Solutions Disc Download..

http://usa.canon.com/cusa/consumer/products/cameras/slr_cameras/eos_1d_x?selectedName=DriversAndSoftware

EOS Digital Solution Disk Software 29.1A for Mac OS X (For users who cannot use the bundled cd). 12/24/14

File Name: solution-disk29.1a.dmg.zip

This is an EOS DIGITAL software package for customers who cannot use bundled CD containing the EOS Digital Solution Disk Software. The following applications are included in this package. Digital Photo Professional 3.14.40 EOS Utility 2.14.10 EOS Lens...

Of course there should be a Windows version available too:

EOS Digital Solution Disk Software 29.1A for Windows (For users who cannot us... 11/17/14
File Name: ksd291a_installer.zip

This is an EOS DIGITAL software package for customers who cannot use bundled CD containing the EOS Digital Solution Disk Software.
The following applications are included in this package. Digital Photo Professional 3.14.40 EOS Utility 2.14.10 EOS Lens...

Ed

~ ~ ~

Mar 05, 2015 at 06:24 PM
ELSELS
• • • •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · Canon 1Ds Mark II - FireWire - NO Communications with computer ?

danski0224 wrote:
I thought I had the original software discs for my Canon 1D... I don't.

Does anyone know of a link to download the EOS Viewer Utility 1.2.0? Or a copy of EOS Digital Solution Disc v9.1?

Hello:

Also, which Operating System - Mac OS / Windows?

Thanks,

Ed

~ ~ ~

Mar 05, 2015 at 06:33 PM
danski0224
• • •
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · Canon 1Ds Mark II - FireWire - NO Communications with computer ?

Windows XP 32 bit.

I don't know how "new" I can go with the EOS Utility.

Mar 05, 2015 at 06:40 PM
ELSELS
• • • •
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · Canon 1Ds Mark II - FireWire - NO Communications with computer ?

Hello:

I had the EOS Solutions Disc Version 9.0 - I included it when I just SOLD my Canon
1Ds Mark II.

Seems like I have the EOS (version) that works on Windows XP (32 bit), IF I saved the installation / setup file, as I use my Windows XP (32 bit) laptop, (HP) that had firewire port to "setup the Canon 1D - Personal Functions settings and such".

I will look for the file, I might have it...? No promises though...

I run Mac OS X machines, and happen to have that Windows XP laptop, and glad I did specifically JUST for that Canon 1D / 1Ds Mark II application use...

Ed

~

Mar 05, 2015 at 06:47 PM
danski0224
• • •
p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · Canon 1Ds Mark II - FireWire - NO Communications with computer ?

Thanks. I have found the updaters for the original files, but no luck so far on locating what was included on the original software CD.

It would be nice for Canon to make this available.

Mar 05, 2015 at 06:52 PM
ELSELS
• • • •
p.1 #20 · p.1 #20 · Canon 1Ds Mark II - FireWire - NO Communications with computer ?

Yeah, I know they (Canon) provide the "updaters" - the original files installations / setup would be nice..

Sent you a PM too..

Ed

~

Mar 05, 2015 at 06:54 PM
       2       end

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.