New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2015 · DDP version that supports 5Dc

RedRinger

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · DDP version that supports 5Dc

Hey everyone - which version of Canon's DPP was the last that supported the original 5D?

Feb 21, 2015 at 02:32 AM
sirimiri
• • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · DDP version that supports 5Dc

I would just call it the 5D, no appendices

Canon lists DPP 3.14.47 as the current/latest/last version for the 5D. It's from December 16th, 2014.

You can verify "all that jazz" here.

http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/support/consumer/eos_slr_camera_systems/eos_digital_slr_cameras/eos_5d#DriversAndSoftware

I don't think your Oz version will croak if you get software from the US site.

Edited on Feb 21, 2015 at 02:41 AM · View previous versions

Feb 21, 2015 at 02:40 AM
EB-1
• • • • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · DDP version that supports 5Dc

Whatever is the latest DPP 3.x should work.

EBH

Feb 21, 2015 at 02:41 AM
RedRinger

p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · DDP version that supports 5Dc

Thatnks guys. :-)

I remember somewhere along the track they stopped supporting older cameras. Wasn't it with DPP? Maybe it was EOS Utility.

I have just setup a new PC with Windows 7 (64Hz) and the original Canon software disk that came with my 5D installs OK but camera is not detected. TWAIN drivers on the the disk are for Windows XP and won't install.

I was trying to find a later version that would work with 5D and Windows 7.

Any help is much appreciated.

Feb 21, 2015 at 03:13 AM
Gochugogi
• • • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · DDP version that supports 5Dc

I just tried it on Mac OS 10.95 and the newest DPP 3.14 opens and processes 5D RAW files better than anything that came before it. Heck, even the Digital Lens Optimizer, distortion correction and peripheral illumination work on RAW 5D files! 5D RAW also open fine in Aperture 3 and CS5.1. However, the newest DPP and EOS Utility do not support tethered shooting with the 5D. RAW processing is 100% supported.

I still have the early DPP apps on an ancient G4 and they work perfectly under OS 10.4. I suspect you'll need to venture back to whatever Windows OS was current in 2008 if you want to run the vintage DPP.

Feb 21, 2015 at 03:50 AM
RedRinger

p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · DDP version that supports 5Dc

Gochugogi wrote:
I just tried it on Mac OS 10.95 and the newest DPP 3.14 opens and processes 5D RAW files better than anything that came before it. Heck, even the Digital Lens Optimizer works on RAW 5D files! 5D RAW also open fine in Aperture 3 and CS5.1. However, the newest DPP and EOS Utility do not support tethered shooting with the 5D. RAW processing is 100% supported.

I still have the early DPP apps on an ancient G4 and they work perfectly under OS 10.4. I suspect you'll need to venture back to whatever Windows OS was current in 2008
...Show more

Yeah thanks, that sounds about right. My old PC ran XP and 5D was detected fine. That PC was not updated since 2012 as I was using a Mac and all my gear are OK (except 5D) with the Mac which is running the latest software.

I happened to get a new PC and I thought I'd get it to work with my old 5D. For the heck of it I'd be interested to see if I can find a version of EU that runs on W7 and also supports 5D. It might prove futile....

Thanks anyway. :-)

Feb 21, 2015 at 04:01 AM
EB-1
• • • • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · DDP version that supports 5Dc

Are you shooting tethered? There are 3rd-party apps, though some are rather pricey.

EBH

Feb 21, 2015 at 04:09 AM
RedRinger

p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · DDP version that supports 5Dc

Hahaha no, no tethered shooting. Was just interested to get it to work. :-)

Feb 21, 2015 at 04:17 AM
khurram1
• • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · DDP version that supports 5Dc

DPP3 should work with all older cameras, its dpp4 that is limited in the support for older camera.

Feb 21, 2015 at 08:05 PM
RedRinger

p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · DDP version that supports 5Dc

You guys were all on the money. Thanks for the hints.

I now have the latest DPP 3 and with 5D communication set to 'print', I can use EOS utility to download the files. That's all I needed.

Cheers!

Feb 23, 2015 at 04:12 AM

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.