New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2015 · Amazon (Canada) return/replace policy

Dutch937
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Amazon (Canada) return/replace policy

I'm not sure if the U.S. is different than Amazon Canada, but does anyone have experience, specifically with Amazon.ca, with returning a camera or getting full refund?
I am not getting a straight answer from them, as they are just the middle man between the actual retailer and the buyer and they use several different retailers with what i assume would be different return/refund policies.

I'm not even sure why i want to do this, but i was thinking about giving another 7D Mark ii a try...I do not want to get into another situation where i have to deal with CPS...I want to buy one, if it works, keep it, if it doesn't, return it or have it replaced.

Thx!

Feb 20, 2015 at 05:29 PM
arbitrage
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Amazon (Canada) return/replace policy

When I bought a 7D2 2 weeks ago I also had a look at Amazon.ca as I thought it would be easier to return if I got one of the duds. However, all the listings are from other retailers so that seemed more complicated. I ended up getting mine from TheCameraStore in Calgary and they had a 15 day return window. I also looked at CameraCanada and they only had 7days so I went with the longer window. My 7D2 works just fine for AF and I'm happy with it (I also have 1DX, 1D4, 5D3 so I know how things are supposed to work).

Feb 20, 2015 at 08:44 PM
Gochugogi
• • • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Amazon (Canada) return/replace policy

I've returned many items to Amazon and it's basically a click on the return link, print a mailing label and drop off at UPS sort of thing. Just as long as it's within the 30 days return period, you're gold. However, if you're dealing with a MarketPlace vender, and not Amazon proper, return polices vary but Amazon backs you up with their A to Z policy should things go south.

Feb 20, 2015 at 09:22 PM
riokid
• • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Amazon (Canada) return/replace policy

Look for:

"Ships from and sold by Amazon"

or

"Sold by (3rd party dealer name) and Fulfilled by Amazon"

That way you can deal directly with Amazon for the returns.

HTH

dan

Feb 20, 2015 at 10:06 PM
Imagemaster
• • • • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Amazon (Canada) return/replace policy

Well since you live in a major city, just buy from a reputable dealer that will accept the return of a faulty camera. Otherwise be prepared for the hassle of return shipping, etc.

Feb 20, 2015 at 10:13 PM
Dutch937
• •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Amazon (Canada) return/replace policy

Thanks everyone...Here in Toronto the retailers seem to have a "no return/exchange" policy on items over $1500 or something like that. Ive called a couple of them and that was their policies. I will maybe give the other options with Amazon a try and see how that works out.

Feb 20, 2015 at 11:20 PM
Imagemaster
• • • • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Amazon (Canada) return/replace policy

Dutch937 wrote:
Thanks everyone...Here in Toronto the retailers seem to have a "no return/exchange" policy on items over $1500 or something like that. Ive called a couple of them and that was their policies.

Never heard that one before. Are these camera stores? What about London Drugs?

Feb 21, 2015 at 10:18 AM
cmyb

p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Amazon (Canada) return/replace policy

On the back of Henrys store invoice, no refunds on merchandise over 1499.00 except DOA. On Vistek invoice, no refunds or exchanges on professional products over 1000.00. I would check before purchasing.

Feb 21, 2015 at 11:19 AM
arbitrage
• • • • • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Amazon (Canada) return/replace policy

I'd give TheCameraStore a try. They have 14 days and no mention of any value limits. Here is their policy. Shipping is free for over $500 orders and they ship it very fast (Expresspost).
http://www.thecamerastore.com/Returns.aspx

Feb 21, 2015 at 11:32 AM
Imagemaster
• • • • • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Amazon (Canada) return/replace policy

I got one of the first defective Tamron 150-600's and Camera Canada gave me a full refund when I returned it to them. It was better than going through the hassle of returning it to Tamron, who took months before they ever acknowledged there was a problem.

Feb 21, 2015 at 02:03 PM
Imagemaster
• • • • • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Amazon (Canada) return/replace policy

cmyb wrote:
On the back of Henrys store invoice, no refunds on merchandise over 1499.00 except DOA.

But will they give you an exchange?

Feb 21, 2015 at 02:04 PM
Dutch937
• •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Amazon (Canada) return/replace policy

Imagemaster wrote:
But will they give you an exchange?

Problem with exchanges is it's at their discretion that you have a"defective" product. I just came from Vistek and that's exactly what they told me...So, essentially i could have issue with how it's focussing and the image quality and they may say it's acceptable, so then i'm back to dealing with CPS again.
I'm going to sit the 7d ii out. My 5Diii is a great body, but lacks the build and the fps. I would like the 1.6x crop, but i'm finding ways to make my 500 and extenders work just fine. So time to look for a good used 1dx.

Feb 21, 2015 at 03:43 PM
scalesusa
• • • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Amazon (Canada) return/replace policy

When you purchase a Camera on Amazon, you need to be aware of the dealer who is selling the item. Each is allowed to have their own return policy.

However, in the USA at least, if you purchase using a credit card, and get a dud, you can ask the bank to back charge Amazon as long as you first made a reasonable effort to resolve the problem. I've asked Amazon if they wanted me to ask my bank to back charge for a non responsive seller, and I had a refund the same day. It does sound like the situation may be different in Canada.

Feb 21, 2015 at 08:02 PM

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.