Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

Sports Corner Rules
Sports Corner Resource

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2015 · Thoughts on poster/print pricing?

RECD Designz

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Thoughts on poster/print pricing?

Made this as a sample (and practice) recently and had a great response from the parents at my daughter's gym asking for one of their daughter. I shoot for the gym often, so most of the parents know me.

For those that do this sort of thing, what's a fair price for something like this printed at 8x10, 11x14, 16x20?

http://galleries.robhphotos.com/Sports/Gymnastics/Practice/i-8s4cgQg/2/XL/Elite-RachelWilliams_web-XL.jpg

Here's one I did for my son at his request when he saw the one I did for gymnastics, lol:

http://galleries.robhphotos.com/Sports/Baseball/Posters/Posters/i-PNbxGFJ/0/XL/WolfPack-DanielHerrera-XL.jpg

Feb 19, 2015 at 09:27 PM
femike99

p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Thoughts on poster/print pricing?

Personally, I wouldn't sell this any smaller than "poster" size; 13x19 if printing yourself or 16x20 if from a lab. It might be hard for you to recover your "cost of creativity" on the price that parents believe that an 8x10 will pay. When I used to sell these, I charged $30 + $10 per cutout, thus a minimum of $40 for a 13x19. But, for each additional, I'd charge $20 (I rationalized that I cover my creativity on the first print. I was surprised at how many multi-print deals that were created - likely 50% with parents also buying for grandparents too.

PS: local pros suggested that my prices were too low, but I rationalized that I was not a working pro, just another parent and needed to live with these parents for many years of additional sports.

Feb 20, 2015 at 10:51 AM
sinbad747
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Thoughts on poster/print pricing?

It is a fine line. Not to give away the store but keep the respect of others in the industry.

Feb 20, 2015 at 12:17 PM
innaeddy1
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Thoughts on poster/print pricing?

I dont go smaller than 16x20 on a poster, to me anything smaller is a waste, I would start them at around 120-150$ depending on your market

Andy

Feb 21, 2015 at 04:35 PM
RECD Designz

p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Thoughts on poster/print pricing?

Thanks for the replies!

I'm always cognizant of the working professional and it is definitely a fine line and the reason why I seek the advice in groups such as this.

Feb 21, 2015 at 10:00 PM

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.