New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2015 · 1.4x Does Not Show on Micro-Adjust Screen With 100-400 II

jabera10
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · 1.4x Does Not Show on Micro-Adjust Screen With 100-400 II

I searched the forum but didn't find a thread about it,so I apologize if it has already been noted. A 1.4x (II or III) does not show as connected to the 100-400 II on the micro-adjust screen. Has anyone else noticed this?

I've tried connecting the 1.4x to the 100-400 II before attaching to the camera, and tried connecting the 1.4x to the camera then attaching the lens. Makes no difference. This was tried on a 7D MK II, 5D III and 70D. With any other lens, the lens + 1.4x appears on the micro-adjust screen. It does appear in the EXIF however.

Feb 18, 2015 at 09:21 PM
arbitrage
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · 1.4x Does Not Show on Micro-Adjust Screen With 100-400 II

I just went and tired this on 7DII and 1DX. You are correct in that it doesn't show it in the title on the first MA screen. However if you press the INFO button twice it will show both the lens and TC serial numbers. It is storing different values for when it is attached and not attached to the 1.4TC on my cameras. Try hitting INFO twice to make sure it is registered there.

Feb 18, 2015 at 10:00 PM
jabera10
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · 1.4x Does Not Show on Micro-Adjust Screen With 100-400 II

Aha. Exactly as you noted Geoff. Thanks.

Feb 18, 2015 at 10:46 PM
Anthony_r

p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · 1.4x Does Not Show on Micro-Adjust Screen With 100-400 II

It is correctly identifying the TC attached. It just doesn't have enough room in the title to include the "+1.4X". Notice it runs out of room even for the USM and only shows "US".

Feb 19, 2015 at 09:40 AM

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.