Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

Rules & Guidelines | Uninsured Payment Alert!
How to post Feedback | How to Red-Flag a thread

NEVER use Paypal Gift, Venmo, Zelle, Apple Pay, Google Pay or any other uninsured payment!

FM Forums | Buy & Sell Photo-Gear | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2015 · FS: Nikon D5100 Full-Spectrum Modified (including IR - Infrared)

byteseller
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · FS: Nikon D5100 Full-Spectrum Modified (including IR - Infrared)

Item updated in the last 24 hours    Nikon D5100 Full-Spectrum Modified

Available

Price: $580.00
Payment method: PayPal
Item condition: 9+ Shows little or no signs of wear

With Spring here I'm starting to get tempted to not sell this -- IR LOVES fluffy clouds and young green vegetation.

Changing gears a bit and would be interested in selling my full-spectrum modified D5100 to fund purchase of other equipment

The D5100 was professionally modified by Kolari Vision in Oct 2013 for full spectrum use. Really I have used it predominantly for B&W landscape photos mainly with a 760 and 850nm IR filters. But have also shot with with an h-alpha filter for astrophotography, as well as a visible-light (aka "normal") using a UV/IR cutout filter. Camera is in perfect working condition. I will post some photos of the camera in the next day or so, as well as some IR B&W landscape samples. I'll include the camera and all of the original materials originally shipped with it. The camera is in perfect working condition, the flip LCD screen has no dead or hot pixels, and everything works as it should. Not that it matters in this case (after modification) but it is a US-Waranty body. Shutter count is 6,343 as of today -- but maybe be a bit higher once we have our last fling with the snow we have on the ground today :-)

I can also include and H-alpha filter, as well as a UV/IR cutout filter. I plan to hold on to the IR pass filters in case I get the bug again in the future.

$580 OBO

B&W Landscape in IR, dramatic sky and vegetation combination

Clouds & Sky an IR staple

IR is FANTASTIC at penetrating haze and therefore for aerial photography

False Color IR (not really my thing so a pretty bad example of what you can do)

In Camera (resized) JPG with 720nm IR filter

Edited on Apr 26, 2015 at 01:49 AM · View previous versions

Feb 18, 2015 at 01:43 PM
byteseller
• • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · FS: Nikon D5100 Full-Spectrum Modified (including IR - Infrared)

Modified to FS only instead of FT/FS as I have now picked up the equipment I was looking to trade for.

Feb 28, 2015 at 01:19 PM
rdcny
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · FS: Nikon D5100 Full-Spectrum Modified (including IR - Infrared)

nice IR images!

Mar 07, 2015 at 02:39 PM
BlackAdder

p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · FS: Nikon D5100 Full-Spectrum Modified (including IR - Infrared)

What type of H-alpha filter is it? Does it go over the sensor directly rather than on the end of a lens? And finally, do you have any astro examples taken with this unit?
Sorry, so many questions... Thanks!

Apr 10, 2015 at 12:04 AM
byteseller
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · FS: Nikon D5100 Full-Spectrum Modified (including IR - Infrared)

Made by Spencer Photo out of Utah (they specialize in Astro photography and mods)... not at home right now, and am not at all sure, but it is either a 58mm, 62mm or 67mm. PM me if you need to know more.

Apr 17, 2015 at 10:10 AM

FM Forums | Buy & Sell Photo-Gear | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.