Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Lighting & Studio Techniques | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2015 · Shoulder bag for Cheetah and speedlights?

mcoons
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Shoulder bag for Cheetah and speedlights?

I'm waiting for my second CL-360 Cheetah light to arrive and need to get a bigger bag for my portable light kit. I'm looking to put 2 CL-360's, a couple of Nikon Speedlights and extras in a shoulder bag. Does anyone use a shoulder bag to tote around this type/amount of gear? Right now I'm using a Domke F-1X bag but I was hoping to find something that I can better divide out the gear on the inside to protect it instead of loosely tossing it in now.

Feb 18, 2015 at 12:37 PM
jcolman
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Shoulder bag for Cheetah and speedlights?

I use to use a small duffel bag I bought from Target to carry my speedlights. However I have four Cheetah lights so now I use a Pelican case.

Feb 18, 2015 at 12:47 PM
Edward
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Shoulder bag for Cheetah and speedlights?

I just bought a RIDGID 22 in. Pro Gear Cart ($60.00) for my two 360's and light accessorires.. Added a layer of egg crate foam on the bottom for some protection and everything fits nicely.. and cheaper than buying another Pelican case..

Mar 01, 2015 at 02:21 PM
Allen Allen

p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Shoulder bag for Cheetah and speedlights?

I just picked up my 2nd AD-360 and looking for something to store and transport my lighting gear. I also have a Nikon SB800, a 36" octabox and 60" umbrella, 2 speed pro S brackets and the speed ring for the octabox. How's the Ridgid cart working out? Any issue with the wheels? I'm assuming the light stands are stored separately.

Thanks

Dec 01, 2016 at 10:38 PM
Allen Allen

p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Shoulder bag for Cheetah and speedlights?

I just picked up my 2nd AD-360 and looking for something to store and transport my lighting gear. I also have a Nikon SB800, a 36" octabox and 60" umbrella, 2 speed pro S brackets and the speed ring for the octabox. How's the Ridgid cart working out? Any issue with the wheels? I'm assuming the light stands are stored separately.

Thanks

Dec 02, 2016 at 06:53 PM
Edward
• •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Shoulder bag for Cheetah and speedlights?

Allen,
Yes the stands are stored separately..

The RIDGID case is holding up great. The wheels are in great shape to.. No side to side play as of yet.. However RIDGID warranties for a lifetime warranty if the wheels or any part of the case fails..

Dec 02, 2016 at 07:12 PM
Allen Allen

p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Shoulder bag for Cheetah and speedlights?

Hi Edward,

How loaded is your case? I don't see size specs besides 22 inches and a 60lb weight capacity. Is there room for a couple of sand bags in addition to two 360s, 2 speed pro S brackets, a Bowens speed ring and battery packs? Do you think a couple of 15 pound sand bags will put too much stress on the wheels? Are you using dividers?

Thanks,

Allen

Dec 02, 2016 at 09:01 PM
Edward
• •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Shoulder bag for Cheetah and speedlights?

I have both of my 360's, the battery packs two s brackets all the cables and triggers and there is room for two sand bags if you lay them flat on the bottom first. When I get home tonight I will add two sans bags to see if it's overly heavy and rolls smoothly

Dec 03, 2016 at 04:39 AM
Edward
• •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Shoulder bag for Cheetah and speedlights?

Ok, so here goes:

It's all a tight fit but it will work. I have both of my 360's and their battery packs, the shoulder straps, the battery hooks (x2), 2 - 5" Cheetah reflectors that fit onto the 360, all connector cables and chargers for the lights, 2 - Cheetah Speed Pro Bracket MKII in Bowens mount, small bag with all my triggers and another bag with extra batteries for the triggers, a set of knee pads because I'm now 53 and the ground can be an issue for my knees.. .. and lastly I can fit on top of all that a 7 in 1 43" reflector.. The lid goes on a bit snug but fits without too much pressure and then the latches snap on... With the additional 30 lbs from the sand bags, it still rolls pretty easy because the wheels are fairly big.... The great thing about the RIDGID system is that the containers are stack-able and can be locked together...

Not sure if links are alloyed and if not I apologize in advance....

Here is a video outlining these cases with foam partitions..

Dec 04, 2016 at 11:29 AM
Allen Allen

p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Shoulder bag for Cheetah and speedlights?

I found the Rigid case at my local Home Depot. It's a lot bulkier than I expected. It definitely looks like a tool box. The low profile coffin style lighting bags with wheels is more in line with what I'm looking for.

Thanks for your help. The video did work by the way.

Allen

Dec 05, 2016 at 02:05 AM

FM Forums | Lighting & Studio Techniques | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.