New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2015 · Lens release button fell off Nikon D4

mcoons
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Lens release button fell off Nikon D4

The lens release button on my Nikon D4 fell off a couple of days ago and now I have to carry around the pieces to change lenses. Has anyone had this happen to their D4? Also, has anyone sent in their D4 to be fixed by Nikon or by Authorized Photo Service? If you had, how much was the repair? Thank you for any help.

Nikon D4 - Lens Release Button

Feb 18, 2015 at 12:27 PM
Slug69
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Lens release button fell off Nikon D4

This fix should be very cheap and should be done for free really regardless if under warranty or not.

Feb 18, 2015 at 03:19 PM
AtomicPunk
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Lens release button fell off Nikon D4

One of the new Nikon D810s I received last year had an issue with the lens release button. It wouldn't always work unless you moved the lens back and forth. There was something wrong with it, so I sent it back. The new D810 didn't have the problem.

When researching this issue through Google, I came across many issues with people having this happen to their late model Nikon DSLR including the D4, D800, D3, etc, etc.

Feb 18, 2015 at 04:04 PM
Spectro
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Lens release button fell off Nikon D4

It happened to one if my D3 bodies and is not a cheap fix. My release button was sticking out and you could see the spring. The part is cheap but in order to fix it the front of the camera has to be taken apart. I believe it cost about $250 for Nikon to repair. The cost was 95% labor. Sorry to be the bad news bear unless you are in warranty. Perhaps a 3rd party repair shop can help if its out of warranty.

Feb 18, 2015 at 08:17 PM
RKnecht
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Lens release button fell off Nikon D4

I use my D4 A LOT. i have never experienced this or have heard about it. My only gripe with the camera is the grips. They just fall off. I never had that issue with my D2x or D3. I've replaced the grips once and they are loose again.

Feb 19, 2015 at 07:11 AM
mcoons
• •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Lens release button fell off Nikon D4

Thanks guys. I think I will send it APS instead of Nikon, maybe it will be cheaper.

Feb 19, 2015 at 05:47 PM
DGC1
• • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Lens release button fell off Nikon D4

I see "impact damage" lurking on the horizon...

Feb 19, 2015 at 07:31 PM

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.