New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2015 · D700 Mirror Sticking?

revhappy
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · D700 Mirror Sticking?

Hey guys,

I have a D700 with nearly 300,000 actuation's on it, and the mirror gets stuck sometimes when I'm shooting and doesn't go back up unless I hit the live view button. At first it didn't bother me much, but recently it made me miss a few moments because the live view button wouldn't fix the issue right away like it used to.

Does this just mean the shutter is going bad and I should get it replaced? It's well beyond it's life expectancy. Any idea of how much this would cost? I've heard over 400 from Nikon and 300~ from KEH. Any input would be appreciated, thanks.

Feb 18, 2015 at 12:12 PM
davidnholtjr
• • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · D700 Mirror Sticking?

Yeah it's time for a new shutter by the sound of it. 300.000 is a great run.

Feb 18, 2015 at 12:30 PM
CanadaMark
• • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · D700 Mirror Sticking?

You're looking at $300-400.

300K actuations is double what it's tested to, which is great. If you aren't looking to upgrade to a D750/D810, I would just get a quote from Nikon and KEH and send to whoever you're more comfortable with. Picking up the phone will give you by far the most accurate answer, and much faster

Feb 18, 2015 at 01:01 PM
revhappy
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · D700 Mirror Sticking?

CanadaMark wrote:
Picking up the phone will give you by far the most accurate answer, and much faster

You know people on the internet hate doing that! lol, BUT, I just got off the phone with KEH, they quoted me $215 for a shutter replacement + S/H. Not bad at all!

Feb 18, 2015 at 01:33 PM
CanadaMark
• • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · D700 Mirror Sticking?

revhappy wrote:
You know people on the internet hate doing that! lol, BUT, I just got off the phone with KEH, they quoted me $215 for a shutter replacement + S/H. Not bad at all!

I was just giving you a hard time anyway haha.

That's awesome, so probably more like $250-$275 after shipping and taxes which is quite reasonable.

Feb 18, 2015 at 01:36 PM

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.