New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2015 · D800 "shadow" recovery

Chris Court
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · D800 "shadow" recovery

I know this is a topic which has been beaten to death, but here's an example that just blew me away.

It's a photo of my son at 2 weeks old, shot with D800e, using off-camera flash which for some reason didn't fire in this frame. Hit the auto tone button in Lightroom, and HOLY C&#P!!! Where did all that detail and color come from? Last frame is a 1:1 crop with a minimal amount of noise reduction applied.

I'm not presenting this as a paragon of infant portraiture, just an example of the old, obsolete D800e blowing my socks off, yet again.

Thanks for looking!

C

Edited on Feb 17, 2015 at 12:02 AM · View previous versions

Feb 16, 2015 at 08:46 PM
cdvma

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · D800 "shadow" recovery

Very impressive indeed. Thanks for sharing.

Feb 16, 2015 at 09:26 PM
DaveOls
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · D800 "shadow" recovery

I remember when the D 800 was being released, there was a picture of a dark green jeep taken at night and so underexposed that you could almost not see it at all. There was then a second picture where the jeep was almost properly exposed. Anyone else remember that or was I dreaming?

Feb 17, 2015 at 06:57 AM
sanjayg
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · D800 "shadow" recovery

Incredible - We just forget as we get newer models how amazing the D800(E) camera bodies are. With the prices these bodies are selling for on the boards, it is a great time to be in the market for a FX camera body

Feb 17, 2015 at 07:34 AM
cdvma

p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · D800 "shadow" recovery

sanjayg wrote:
Incredible - We just forget as we get newer models how amazing the D800(E) camera bodies are. With the prices these bodies are selling for on the boards, it is a great time to be in the market for a FX camera body

Exactly why I picked up my D800. I was actually looking for a D700 but ended up with the D800 since the prices have come down so much on them.

Feb 17, 2015 at 09:49 AM

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.