New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2015 · Are You Getting the Best Price for a D750

CGrindahl
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Are You Getting the Best Price for a D750

I came across this survey that might be of interest to folks on this form...

http://www.nikonindex.com/articles/NikonD750GlobalPrice.html

Read it and weep...

Feb 16, 2015 at 11:49 AM
the solitaire
• • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Are You Getting the Best Price for a D750

I weep. Lived in a country listed there as one of the most expensive (Netherlands) when it comes to buying cameras, then moved to another (Germany) that still doesn't make it into the better half.

You US guys seem to be very well off with a price difference of a mere $50 compared to Japan.

Feb 16, 2015 at 11:58 AM
lorac
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Are You Getting the Best Price for a D750

Seems to be using gray market price for USA. If you factor in USA warranty, then US prices more like in the middle of the pack.

Feb 16, 2015 at 12:07 PM
molson
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Are You Getting the Best Price for a D750

lorac wrote:
Seems to be using gray market price for USA. If you factor in USA warranty, then US prices more like in the middle of the pack.

+1

Seems to be using grey market or eBay prices for USA, and MAP for Canada. Not terribly accurate in either case.

Feb 16, 2015 at 01:44 PM
jbonzo1
• •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Are You Getting the Best Price for a D750

the solitaire wrote:
I weep. Lived in a country listed there as one of the most expensive (Netherlands) when it comes to buying cameras, then moved to another (Germany) that still doesn't make it into the better half.

You US guys seem to be very well off with a price difference of a mere $50 compared to Japan.

Not to mention the added joy of Nikon USA repair and warranty service!

Feb 16, 2015 at 02:48 PM
CGrindahl
• • • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Are You Getting the Best Price for a D750

The link in the U.S. for the D750 is to Abes of Maine and the camera offered is an import, so the price is definitely skewed. Interesting that the manufacturer offers a one year warranty on its cameras but unless one buys a camera through an authorized dealer who adds a substantial markup to what the camera costs you can't get it serviced without sending it back to wherever it was bought. Obviously, Nikon relies on regional/national distributors and gives them the controls needed to keep prices high. No doubt, a great many people will take advantage of the import prices, trusting they'll never need to send it in for repairs. I've had two D700 cameras over the last five years and never had a problem with either one... Of course, since I bought them used they didn't have a warranty... though as US models I could have them serviced if need be.

Feb 16, 2015 at 06:15 PM
Reagan
• • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Are You Getting the Best Price for a D750

Just have Dean buy it and mail it to you

Reagan

Feb 16, 2015 at 06:25 PM
Etherton
• • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Are You Getting the Best Price for a D750

I would rather not deal with Abes of Maine. Way too many stories about their bad customer service.

Feb 16, 2015 at 08:29 PM
molson
• • • • • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Are You Getting the Best Price for a D750

CGrindahl wrote:
The link in the U.S. for the D750 is to Abes of Maine and the camera offered is an import, so the price is definitely skewed.

Don't forget to add in the price of a battery, charger, strap, cables, etc. before you compare with other stores...

Feb 17, 2015 at 08:28 AM
CGrindahl
• • • • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Are You Getting the Best Price for a D750

sActually, Cliff, the state of New York passed a law that make it illegal to sell a camera without everything that comes in the box with the camera. I know that because a friend asked B&H to remove the lithium battery so the D800 could be shipped to Italy, a requirement then in place for security reasons I'm guessing. B&H quoted the NY law and said they couldn't remove it, so the camera was shipped to me so I could remove it and pass the camera along to my cyber friend. I think the days of the wild west in Brooklyn are at least partially gone. I know Abe's is still pressuring folks to buy accessories and upgrades. And there was nothing on their site about warranty service. They do acknowledge, however, that import items do not carry a warranty. At least they're being honest about that...

If one is prepared to forego the warranty there are quite a few sources for import cameras through E-Bay. Interestingly, B&H will sell imported lenses but NOT cameras...

Is Abe's of Maine an Authorized Dealer for the products it sells?
For products that Abe's of Maine is an authorized dealer, it is clearly noted on the particular product's page. If we are not an authorized dealer for a product, the manufacturer may choose to not honor its warranty on the product. However, we do offer you the option to buy an extended warranty to protect your investment, which, in most if not all cases, covers a time period longer than most manufacturer's warranties.

Feb 17, 2015 at 12:11 PM
henryp
• • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Are You Getting the Best Price for a D750

CGrindahl wrote:
Actually, Cliff, the state of New York passed a law that make it illegal to sell a camera without everything that comes in the box with the camera. I know that because a friend asked B&H to remove the lithium battery so the D800 could be shipped to Italy, a requirement then in place for security reasons I'm guessing. B&H quoted the NY law ...

I feel silly asking, but could you send a copy my way, if you still have the email, please? TIA

FredMiranda:
Henry Posner
[email protected]
B&H Photo-Video

Feb 17, 2015 at 01:28 PM
CGrindahl
• • • • • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Are You Getting the Best Price for a D750

Henry, if you're asking about my friend who ordered a D800 from you I had no dealings directly with B&H. My friend is a long time customer of your store. He is retired military who has lived in Italy for over thirty years. He reported what I mention. I did take the delivery of the camera three years ago and sent it on to Italy without the battery. I believe the law was subsequently revised but I researched the subject myself at the time and found what he discovered. B&H was simply complying with state law and we found a way to get him the camera that didn't violate federal law. Of course, he didn't like it any more than I did and subsequently sold it...

Feb 17, 2015 at 03:14 PM

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.