New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2015 · Cold Temps - Advice?

Bruce n Philly
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Cold Temps - Advice?

I will be shooting outside tomorrow AM... very cold, 1 degree F with my 5D MkII.

Any tips? Transition from warm to cold or back to warm? Condensation? Transition technique?

Thanx so much.

Bruce in Philly
www.TravelThroughPictures.com

Feb 15, 2015 at 02:22 PM
morris
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Cold Temps - Advice?

This time of year it's very dry. Coming in will not result in condensation unless you take the camera to a very humid room (bathroom with shower running or kitchen with water boiling).

Keep spare battery in inside warm pocket.

Dress warm and have fun Bruce

Morris

Feb 15, 2015 at 03:44 PM
Wobble
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Cold Temps - Advice?

Lots of spare warm batteries. Take a large ziplock bag, trash bag with you to put your gear inside the bag before you come inside to let it warm up to avoid possible condensation. Hand warmers in the palm of your hand inside your gloves, possibly mittens with removable fold back finger tips. Do not put the hand warmers in your shirt pocket unless you want toasted nipples, ouch. Cover your head and wear wool socks. Enjoy and post some pix!

Feb 15, 2015 at 06:31 PM
Two23
• • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Cold Temps - Advice?

Bruce n Philly wrote:
I will be shooting outside tomorrow AM... very cold, 1 degree F with my 5D MkII.

One above isn't really cold. About the only precautions I would take are (1) spare battery in inside pocket (2) keep your camera & lenses in the camera bag, zipped tight, when you come back in. I'd give them several hours to slowly warm.

Kent in SD

Feb 15, 2015 at 06:46 PM

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.