FM Forum Rules
Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2015 · Zenfolio and SEO

sgtbueno
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Zenfolio and SEO

I use Zenfolio for my website and I want to know if any of you is using the same and get any good ranking in Google.
I search with any keyword related to wedding photography and I dont get any ranking.

Should I start thinking about switching to Wordpress?

Feb 14, 2015 at 07:28 PM
Gary Harfield
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Zenfolio and SEO

I'm on page one.........

Feb 14, 2015 at 08:36 PM
sgtbueno
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Zenfolio and SEO

Using Zenfolio?

Feb 14, 2015 at 09:04 PM
Gary Harfield
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Zenfolio and SEO

Yes

Feb 14, 2015 at 09:09 PM
sgtbueno
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Zenfolio and SEO

any idea what I could be doing wrong?

Feb 14, 2015 at 09:18 PM
tgillespie
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Zenfolio and SEO

Software is a very tiny piece in the SEO pie. More than anything, content and quality back-links, will get you ranking higher. Migrating your current site over to WordPress without changing anything will get you the very slightest bump in rankings, if any at all.

I'm not advocating or talking down either Zenfolio or WordPress, but highlighting the importance of content and back-links. Doing a keyword analysis is your very first step into figuring out what keywords you can be competitive with... and then you target from there.

From the looks of it, you might be targeting Virginia Wedding Photographer, in which case you're competing with folks that are paying $xxx to $xxxx per month just for first page...

Feb 15, 2015 at 01:06 AM
sgtbueno
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Zenfolio and SEO

Thank you, Gary was nice enough to give me some ideas in how to improve SEO on my site. I started tonight and will continue doing it.
I'm really want to change to another template, I'm not really feeling the look of Zenfolio, I'll continue using it just for proofing.

Feb 15, 2015 at 01:18 AM
MollyYoung
• •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Zenfolio and SEO

I switched to zenfolio for my website recently and have been having a hard time building my SEO. Any tips within zenfolio?

Feb 18, 2015 at 11:36 AM
sgtbueno
• • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Zenfolio and SEO

I dont know, but I changed my website to Wordpress, still working on my blog and galleries, waited to long to get any results from Zenfolio with no luck.

Feb 18, 2015 at 12:12 PM
Gary Harfield
• • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Zenfolio and SEO

Your not going to see INSTANT result, because you fixed some text. And going to a different host using word press really isn't going to fix things if you still lack knowledge on seo.

You could have fix your old site for seo instead of going the other route, but since you did I hope you chose PRO Photo

Feb 19, 2015 at 01:08 PM
sgtbueno
• • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Zenfolio and SEO

Gary,
my move about switching website was not only based on SEO, I hate the look of Zenfolio pages, they just don't look professional and don't look elegant at all. I took every step recommend by Zenfolio to help with SEO and didn't get any results, I don't mean to be on the first page, I was not even on the 20th page, even websites that had nothing to do with the industry was coming on top of me.
I know that SEO takes time, I waited over 2 years and nothing.
I didn't go the ProPhoto routed because their website are not responsive, and that was one of the things that I was looking for my website.
Still working on it, creating more content and following your advice, I can also do more things for seo using WordPress.

Feb 19, 2015 at 02:13 PM
heikoM
• • • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Zenfolio and SEO

Ok, no expert by any means but got on page one within 1 year (hamburg wedding photographer - in German of course).

I use ProPhotoBlog and used the plug-in Yoast. I think it is great to get an understanding what is going on, but I recently dumped it because I got issues. Still fine, but now I know better how to build my posts.

Read a lot about SEO, youŽll find tons on the net. With time you see that all tell about the same, so you get a good understanding when "you get it". Looks overwhelming at the beginning.

I recommend lots of text on the landing page, even if it does not look so clean, I believe it helps.

Use Google Webmaster Tools, register, send in a page-map etc.

Get you links out there. Internal links also. Make each page for one or two key-words, also every blog post. Aim in the beginning for more detailed keywords.

good luck,

heiko

Feb 19, 2015 at 03:58 PM
paparazzinick
• • • • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Zenfolio and SEO

heikoM wrote:
Ok, no expert by any means but got on page one within 1 year (hamburg wedding photographer - in German of course).

I use ProPhotoBlog and used the plug-in Yoast. I think it is great to get an understanding what is going on, but I recently dumped it because I got issues. Still fine, but now I know better how to build my posts.

Read a lot about SEO, youŽll find tons on the net. With time you see that all tell about the same, so you get a good understanding when "you get it". Looks overwhelming at the beginning.

I recommend
...Show more

why did you dump yoast? Did you switch to something else?

Feb 19, 2015 at 04:15 PM
heikoM
• • • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Zenfolio and SEO

paparazzinick wrote:
why did you dump yoast? Did you switch to something else?

I did not like that I canŽt tell Yoast what to show when you see the search results in Google. Then I read the reviews and some folk who seem to know what they are talking about had issues, no real support. And you are totally depending on it. When something goes wrong, your site can drop a lot.

I have a simple plug in, that sends my map to google. The rest I simply do in PPB. I dropped from 4.6 to 7 in a few days, but see some small climbing again.

I just feel better, safer.

heiko

Feb 19, 2015 at 04:31 PM

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.