New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2015 · Just "hangin" around

nextelbuddy
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Just "hangin" around

DSC_0006 by nextelbuddy, on Flickr

wanted to do a funny pic last year and setup the tripod and took a back plate frame with nothing in it and then took a few more shots of me holding the little guy up in place. i forgot about the images until yesterday. finally took some time to photoshop myself out.

at the time the little guy was all about grabbing on things when we held him which is why i thought about the pic. hes since now over it lol..

Feb 13, 2015 at 12:21 PM
fstop212
• • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Just "hangin" around

this is hystericle. I love it. WB is off a bit, but still love it. Very well done

Feb 13, 2015 at 02:45 PM
Ted ellis
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Just "hangin" around

....great idea and I love it. I liked it so much, I had to play with your image.

Here are my thoughts in a redo of your image, I will gladly remove the image if you wish.

Ted

Edited on Feb 14, 2015 at 07:41 AM · View previous versions

Feb 13, 2015 at 02:59 PM
jodo
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Just "hangin" around

Great idea! You/he had me going until I read the text. But it looks real. Well done.

Feb 13, 2015 at 04:16 PM
film_4ever
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Just "hangin" around

Awesome photo !!!

Feb 13, 2015 at 04:18 PM
friscoron
• • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Just "hangin" around

haha!! Oh, that's awesome! Priceless. Totally voted!!!

Feb 13, 2015 at 06:02 PM
Andre Labonte
• • • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Just "hangin" around

Nice!

Feb 13, 2015 at 06:40 PM
glennh56
• •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Just "hangin" around

Looks like he's on about his fiftieth pull up.

Feb 13, 2015 at 08:16 PM
Jonathan Huynh
• • • • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Just "hangin" around

Feb 13, 2015 at 09:13 PM
RustyBug
• • • • • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Just "hangin" around

Got me ... nice concept, execution and editing.

Feb 13, 2015 at 10:04 PM
Achilles2010
• •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Just "hangin" around

When I took a first glimpse at it, my blood pressure when up from worrieing that the kid is not gonna hold up. Then my logic kicked it and I started to look for kid's dad hiding somewhere in the shot. Not being able to find him I panicked and started to read the text. That's where I cooled off and started examining the shot and it became obviouse that dad was holding the kid up by his chest and that's when I noticed residue of photoshopped dad's fingers. Don't get me wrong, I love the shot and I dig it, but my conscious keeps telling me that I don't see kids nipples and his belly button is swirly.
Thumbs up for the idea and execution and I am sure you can do better job with post
I apologize for being brutally straight forward about my thoughts but I did that with positive intention.

Feb 14, 2015 at 06:23 AM
nextelbuddy
• • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Just "hangin" around

fstop212 wrote:
this is hystericle. I love it. WB is off a bit, but still love it. Very well done

the WB was actually spot on but my editing gave it a more reddish hue lol.

---------------------------------------------

Ted ellis wrote:
....great idea and I love it. I liked it so much, I had to play with your image.

Here are my thoughts in a redo of your image, I will gladly remove the image if you wish.

Ted

Hey Ted I saw the image and it was definitely better, it was more straight, cropped tighter as well. Goes to show we dont always see everything the first or second go around lol. Lets me know sometimes I need to slow down and take a 3rd look. thanks!

glennh56 wrote:
Looks like he's on about his fiftieth pull up.

little guy is strong for sure! he loves pulling up on things.

Achilles2010 wrote:
When I took a first glimpse at it, my blood pressure when up from worrieing that the kid is not gonna hold up. Then my logic kicked it and I started to look for kid's dad hiding somewhere in the shot. Not being able to find him I panicked and started to read the text. That's where I cooled off and started examining the shot and it became obviouse that dad was holding the kid up by his chest and that's when I noticed residue of photoshopped dad's fingers. Don't get me wrong, I love the shot and I dig
...Show more

no problem! yup I had to photoshop my hands and fingers off him. I used some frequency separation to help smooth out the swirls. I didnt have another pictures which his cheat and tummy in the same lighting and situation so I used content aware, liquify and frequency separation to help smooth things out. I didnt want to pull the other items too far back in place with out getting some artifacting in the skin unfortunately.

thanks for the positive comments!

its all in good fun, i want to take more time and do more pictures with him with more composite work that he will like and have fun with when he gets older.

Feb 14, 2015 at 01:16 PM
Achilles2010
• •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Just "hangin" around

Can't wait to see another creation from you and kid's smile is priceless!

Feb 14, 2015 at 04:52 PM
elekstro23
• •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Just "hangin" around

This is fantastic !!! Great shot

Feb 14, 2015 at 07:21 PM

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.