FM Forum Rules
Landscape Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2015 · Vietnam - Ha Giang to Dong Van

aero_ub
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Vietnam - Ha Giang to Dong Van

We made out third trip back to Vietnam and spent a little over 5 weeks there. This trip include a 2 week trip/loop through the extreme north east of the country with much of the time near and along the Chinese boarder. A remote area dominated by mountains, limestone krasts, and ethnic minority groups. Though it was the dry season, with the typical humidity and elevation it is RARELY clear. Much of the time you can't see more than 30 yards in front of the vehicle as you hope and pray you don't get run off the side of a mountain since most stretches of road aren't wide enough to two trucks to pass each other. There are areas that truly take your breath away and a few spots that made me a little queezy, which isn't easy to do. With that in mind, I think I was at least a little lucky to have it even as clear as I did for some of the trip. I think you would have to get extremely lucky or just live there for 6 months to have the chance at truly good photo conditions. We did a lot of hiking in some of these areas to get to remote ethnic minority villages. My main focus was on the people we interacted with along the way but I'll post more landscapes from this part of Vietnam as I work my way through all the pictures.

Ken

Feb 12, 2015 at 09:29 PM
adamba100
• •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Vietnam - Ha Giang to Dong Van

Nice set, the landscape is very similar to the southern China, which I have traveled extensively.

Feb 13, 2015 at 01:17 PM
Jonathan Huynh
• • • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Vietnam - Ha Giang to Dong Van

Very scenes.

Feb 13, 2015 at 09:41 PM

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.