Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

Archive 2015 · Anybody have and use the new 100-400?

sperraglia
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · Anybody have and use the new 100-400?

I have bought from Profeel before and they are good, but my new favorite place is Camera Canada, I think they have shipped alot to the US. Good warranty and really good price. If you want to ask them about availability email Kedar at [email protected]

Feb 12, 2015 at 02:44 PM
brimull
• • • •
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · Anybody have and use the new 100-400?

Excellent IQ even with a 1.4x extender.

Brian M.

Feb 12, 2015 at 07:53 PM
OntheRez
• • • • •
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · Anybody have and use the new 100-400?

I appreciate all the responses and the excellent photos. Some very nice work here. I had nosed around here on FM and a few other places but it seemed all the noise was about the new 400mm.

Question for those trying to capture birds actually in flight, do you use IS? If it is similar to other newer Canon IS systems (e.g. 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II) there is a mode for horizontal or motion in a given plane. Is this useful? Baseball is an odd combination of stationary (batter ready to swing or in the swing) and motion - runner on the base paths, fielders after a ball, etc. It is certainly a more linear game than say basketball which is essentially played in 3D while in traffic

Again, lovely work and thanks for the PMI recommendation. I had not heard of them.

Robert

I do chase birds also. We have several rare (for the US) raptors in the area and a number of tropical birds that somehow strayed too far north. I've worked a lot with the classic 400mm f/5.6L and it is a great lens, but my technique has to be basically perfect to get good shots. My keeper rate isn't what I'd like. I find I have to prop up against something unless the light is good enough to shoot at high speed.

Feb 12, 2015 at 09:27 PM
scalesusa
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · Anybody have and use the new 100-400?

rprouty wrote:
I have two of them and couldn't be happier. They work great with the 1.4X III too.

Rod

Yes, I used mine for the first two weeks with my 5D MK III and my 1.4X III attached and had forgotten it was installed.

Feb 13, 2015 at 11:22 PM
       end

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.