Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

end

Archive 2015 · A7II: Leica Elmarit-R 28mm 2.8 v2 (E55)

naturephoto1
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · A7II: Leica Elmarit-R 28mm 2.8 v2 (E55)

newyorkcity wrote:
got the lens yesterday but havent done much with it because of food poisoning. The box says 11333, the lens says e55, has lens hood attached, and the serial on the box matches the lens. I havent taken any pics outdoors but it seems to be pretty sharp compared to what im used to when testing lenses indoors. Great lens!

I did notice the slight in/out movement when focusing the lens and i have never seen that before with a prime, is there a name for this?

Most prime manual focus lenses will adjust their length when focusing between the minimum focus distance and infinity. Only MF lenses with internal focus (where the lens elements adjust their position inside of the lens housing) will maintain their length at all focusing distances.

Rich

Edited on Feb 20, 2015 at 07:06 AM · View previous versions

Feb 19, 2015 at 11:26 PM
johnahill
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · A7II: Leica Elmarit-R 28mm 2.8 v2 (E55)

I tried 2 copies of the R28v2 (one of which went to CLA) and while it's stunningly sharp in the centre, I prefer the Zeiss Zf 25/2.8 for sharpness across the frame, it was certainly sharper towards the edges and corners then the Leica.

The Zeiss is also less than 1/2 the price of the Leica 28v2.

My experience was on a 5D2 with various adapters including Novoflex and Leitax.

Feb 20, 2015 at 05:55 AM
       end

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.