Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2015 · Metabones Speedbooster Question???

1texasaggie
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Metabones Speedbooster Question???

For those of you who use a Metabones Speedbooster, I was curious if you ever noticed-- what I assume to be a rear gasket (plastic ring surrounding rear lens)-- just fall out?

Since Metabones doesn't include any literature in the box, I wanted to check and see if this is normal, or defective?

I initially purchased a defective Speedbooster last spring and it took a while to get (highly insufficient) answers out of Metabones. The problem then was the first unit wouldn't adapt to most Canon FD lenses. This second unit works great on all lenses, but the gasket concerns me.

My window to return to B&H expires next week and was looking for feedback. Thanks in advance!

Feb 07, 2015 at 03:22 PM
JonPB
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Metabones Speedbooster Question???

My Speedbooster doesn't appear to have a rear gasket. There's the nickel mount; a black metal (?) ring inside it, through which the adjustment bolt goes; then the black-painted metal ring that holds the rear element.

Things shouldn't be falling out of the lens, though, as if it falls out when attached to the camera it could do bad things to the sensor.

B&H tends to be pretty good at communication, so I'd ask them. If they don't know, they'll probably just offer to send you another one, which sounds to me like a good idea.

Hope this helps,
Jon

Feb 07, 2015 at 04:39 PM
1texasaggie
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Metabones Speedbooster Question???

Hey Jon, thanks for the reply. If we're both looking at the same thing, that black ring surrounding the rear lens element is actually flexible plastic...and is the piece that fell out.

I carefully put it back into place and it seems to be holding.

I agree--B&H is always extremely helpful and will probably just get it swapped out.

I hate to send this one back b/c it works well on every lens and takes great video/photos.

Thanks again.

Feb 07, 2015 at 09:14 PM

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.