Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2015 · 5Ds 5Dsr Improved Color Performance?

joesmosax
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · 5Ds 5Dsr Improved Color Performance?

In the initial rumors about this camera many speculated that the limited ISO range could be related to a stronger CFA(color filter array). In other words- sacrificing the high ISO performance for better color reproduction. I would happily make that trade for better color and was looking forward to finding out whether this was the case.

However- nothing about color performance is mentioned in any of the press or interviews about this camera. Does this mean we should expect similar color performance to the 7dmkii or the 5Diii?

-Joe

Feb 07, 2015 at 02:23 PM
ben egbert
• • • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · 5Ds 5Dsr Improved Color Performance?

I am interested in the answer as well.

Feb 07, 2015 at 02:32 PM
mttran
• • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · 5Ds 5Dsr Improved Color Performance?

Yes, I love to see the old canon colors back and I hope it does.

Feb 07, 2015 at 02:54 PM
StillFingerz
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · 5Ds 5Dsr Improved Color Performance?

OOPS, POSTED TO THE WRONG TOPIC...
If my imaging didn't include patterns that are greatly affected by morie then the 5Dsr would be the choice. Given that kind of resolution I'd want to use every last bit of it and get the glass to make it happen

Edited on Feb 08, 2015 at 10:58 AM · View previous versions

Feb 07, 2015 at 02:56 PM
joesmosax
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · 5Ds 5Dsr Improved Color Performance?

I guess my thought is- if the color is greatly improved- why isn't anyone touting that?! I've been happy with the color performance of my 5D3 but if they were able to step it up to the level of some medium format systems in terms of color accuracy I would be very very excited...

Feb 07, 2015 at 03:19 PM
kezeka
• • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · 5Ds 5Dsr Improved Color Performance?

As with the thread about lens resolution on the new sensors, I think that we will have to wait until we can get our paws on some raw files and an ACR engine that can accurately interpret them before any judgement on color fidelity can be made.

My guess would be that this handles colors at least as well as the formidable 1Ds III that many forum members here still cherish for its coloration.

Feb 07, 2015 at 03:33 PM
jcolwell
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · 5Ds 5Dsr Improved Color Performance?

joesmosax wrote:
I guess my thought is- if the color is greatly improved- why isn't anyone touting that?!...

It's a new camera that's not yet available to almost everybody. Chances are good that current pre-production cameras have beta firmware, and might even go through some evolution before the first production cameras are released. I expect that we'll be seeing a lot more absolute and comparative 'results' by May.

Feb 07, 2015 at 03:36 PM
joesmosax
• • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · 5Ds 5Dsr Improved Color Performance?

jcolwell wrote:
It's a new camera that's not yet available to almost everybody. Chances are good that current pre-production cameras have beta firmware, and might even go through some evolution before the first production cameras are released. I expect that we'll be seeing a lot more absolute and comparative 'results' by May.

Yes totally agree. Don't get me wrong- I'm not hating on this camera and I plan on buying it. For my business(studio portrait work) and as someone deeply invested into the canon lens line this camera is very appealing.

That said my hopes of that improved color as a MAJOR feature of this new camera seem much less likely after all the press. Incremental improvements are of course welcome and I'm expecting that...it just doesn't seem like they are confident in a major jump in color performance- I hope I'm wrong!

Joe

Feb 08, 2015 at 09:47 AM
Mescalamba
• • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · 5Ds 5Dsr Improved Color Performance?

Looking at sample pics. Nope, even tho it looks tad bit better than 5DMK3. But nothing close to 1D/s MK3.

Also good CFA for 50 mpix FF (I mean Sony A900/Canon 1D/s MK3 quality) would cost a lot.

Feb 08, 2015 at 10:10 AM

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.