New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2015 · Help with Nikon 55-200mm f/4-5.6G ED-IF AF-S DX VR lens

Maritan
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Help with Nikon 55-200mm f/4-5.6G ED-IF AF-S DX VR lens

Hi all,

I purchased a Nikon 55-200mm f/4-5.6G ED-IF AF-S DX VR as a gift for my wife for her birthday which is in 3 months! A little early, but I saw that Adorama was selling this lens for $147 and wanted to jump on a good deal. Unfortunately, I'm an Olympus user so I'm not familiar with how to operate a Nikon. I had to put this lens on her camera (D5100) really quick when she wasn't around and shoot some pictures in full auto mode. I shot my cinder block wall (similar to the brick wall test that I've seen folks do?). I have uploaded the NEF and JPEGs of the pictures I took to this location: Nikon 55-200 Lens test

Can some of you more knowledgeable folks look at these pictures and let me know what you think? The corners looked a little soft, but I'm not sure if that's expected.

Any input would be much appreciated. Basically, I'm looking for a "keep the lens" or a "return it right away" verdict from some of you Nikon users.

Thanks.

Feb 06, 2015 at 07:48 PM

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.