Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2015 · ... Love for the 5Ds/R ...

Jefferson
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · ... Love for the 5Ds/R ...

… I understand the 5Ds/R Green Square mode has been improved to the point that it now recognizes voice commands such as … Landscape … Sport … BIF … Wedding … and Photo Journalist Mode … in seven different languages no less …

What’s not to love … ? ..

It would have been a classy touch to incorporate a "Pan" function in the Sports mode ... but then you can't always get what you want ... that's why there's Nikon I suppose ...

Jefferson …

Feb 06, 2015 at 03:06 PM
arbitrage
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · ... Love for the 5Ds/R ...

I think the biggest question is why the 5Ds gets GOLD lettering and the 5DsR only gets WHITE+RED lettering?? What is the 5Ds hiding that warrants such bling

Feb 06, 2015 at 03:26 PM
StillFingerz
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · ... Love for the 5Ds/R ...

Never good enough, something's missing...I'd use either one for my flower, close-up/macro imaging, still life and most of my city/land/seascape work, yet the 6D or 5D3 will work also.

Not sure any lovin is involved but I'm most definitely interested in seeing Fred's and the other high level pros' landscape work using 50MP at the lower ISOs

Heck, I just want a FF body, say a 6D or maybe even an oldie but goodie like a 1DsMk2. I'd pair the 6D with my 7D or the 1DsMk2 with my 1DMk2N, either pairing would suit me just fine, as I don't shoot at high ISOs.

Then again if someone has a 1DX they're not using I'd gladly shoot with it's wonderful full frame goodness and experiment with it's insane high ISOs

Cheers,
Jerry

Feb 06, 2015 at 03:39 PM
Jefferson
• • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · ... Love for the 5Ds/R ...

arbitrage wrote:
I think the biggest question is why the 5Ds gets GOLD lettering and the 5DsR only gets WHITE+RED lettering?? What is the 5Ds hiding that warrants such bling

..Nothing sinister … it’s so you can tell the two apart without having to read the inscription … Something not seen in Nikon Land …

Feb 06, 2015 at 04:00 PM
leftcoastlefty
• •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · ... Love for the 5Ds/R ...

arbitrage wrote:

That is indeed odd and, dare I say, disturbing. Maybe the gold is to warm the hearts of Nikon guys? I find both to be too flashy. I wonder how many cameras Canon would sell if there was no logo?

Feb 06, 2015 at 07:21 PM
Access
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · ... Love for the 5Ds/R ...

arbitrage wrote:

C'mon guys white and red is the new gold, look at the L telephotos for instance.

Feb 06, 2015 at 07:45 PM
Sneakyracer
• • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · ... Love for the 5Ds/R ...

I like the white and red lettering.

Feb 06, 2015 at 07:57 PM

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.