New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Lighting & Studio Techniques | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2015 · looking for matte grey plastic sheet for product photography

timropp
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · looking for matte grey plastic sheet for product photography

I'm looking for a surface like in this photo. I've talked to the photographer on this and he told me it's grey pvc "foil" that he buys roughly 3x4 ft pieces of. However, he's in Europe and I haven't found something in my quick googling here in the US. Anyone know something like this?

Feb 06, 2015 at 01:14 PM
JBPhotog
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · looking for matte grey plastic sheet for product photography

Formica is your best bet. Some shops will cut half sheets if that's all you need but typically it comes in 4'x8'.

Feb 06, 2015 at 03:30 PM
rkgatteleport
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · looking for matte grey plastic sheet for product photography

Hi,

I'd probably just try some background paper for something this size. you could also go with formica as previously mentioned (actually a pretty good idea EDIT: and now that I think about it, you might even be able to find sheets of it for a song at the Habitat for Humanity store - at least the one I used to frequent had a LOT of it, priced really cheap), or head over to Tap Plastics and see what they've got that would work for you.

Best,

rkg
(Richard George)

Feb 07, 2015 at 12:20 PM
Paulthelefty
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · looking for matte grey plastic sheet for product photography

Looks a lot like a placemat, or maybe a tool box liner... We had huge rolls of blue stuff like that in the military, flexible but about 1/16 inch or so thick. can't remeber what it was called.

Maybe something kinda like this?

http://www.amazon.com/Celtec-Expanded-Smooth-Finish-Length/dp/B00K2Q98FU/ref=sr_1_13?s=industrial&ie=UTF8&qid=1423366919&sr=1-13&keywords=pvc+plastic+sheet#product-description-iframe

Feb 07, 2015 at 10:43 PM
tdlavigne
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · looking for matte grey plastic sheet for product photography

You can find a lot of matte acrylic sheets for product photography on amazon/google. Just have to find your size/color/best price, but there's a ton of it out there. Bought some black 2'x2' a couple years back for like $20. Might be something to consider (unless you need to roll it up or are limited on storage space).

If you need the sweep and background then paper would be the next best bet.

(Note: I'm not familiar with Formica, so it might be a better option...I wouldn't really know)

Feb 08, 2015 at 01:24 AM
rico
• • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · looking for matte grey plastic sheet for product photography

Formica is shooting heaven for tabletop. It can be found in kitchens and office desks, so is designed for hard wear. The selection of colors and texturing is very broad, and at consumer prices.

Feb 08, 2015 at 03:02 AM
tcphoto
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · looking for matte grey plastic sheet for product photography

I use clear plexi for my white background and would suggest using a Studio Grey seamless with plexi for a similar effect.

Feb 08, 2015 at 12:48 PM
henryp
• • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · looking for matte grey plastic sheet for product photography

Vinyl & PVC Backgrounds.

Henry Posner
[email protected]
B&H Photo-Video

Feb 12, 2015 at 01:22 PM

FM Forums | Lighting & Studio Techniques | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.