Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

end

Archive 2015 · Can't sell Manfrotto on Ebay?

EB-1
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · Can't sell Manfrotto on Ebay?

bobsyeruncle wrote:
I have other Manfrotto equipment as well that I shall divest myself of in short order.

That is a ridiculous reason. At one point or another I thought about getting rid of everything from RRS and some other companies like Nikon.

If one could know every disagreeable thing that everyone at every company did, one would be living in a cave and not buying anything.

EBH

Feb 07, 2015 at 01:26 PM
rw11
• • • •
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · Can't sell Manfrotto on Ebay?

This is a company policy, (not just an action by someone at the company), and is not merely "disagreeable" it is illegal.

Maybe they thought he was a business as a reseller, but it quite illegal to try and do that to a consumer. I'd also claim it is a tort and worthy of punitive damages against the company.

Feb 07, 2015 at 02:41 PM
Savas K
• • • •
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · Can't sell Manfrotto on Ebay?

I'm not even going to say the name Manf ... Man ... Well, not anymore.

Feb 07, 2015 at 03:58 PM
Gochugogi
• • • • • •
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · Can't sell Manfrotto on Ebay?

rw11 wrote:
This is a company policy, (not just an action by someone at the company), and is not merely "disagreeable" it is illegal.

Maybe they thought he was a business as a reseller, but it quite illegal to try and do that to a consumer. I'd also claim it is a tort and worthy of punitive damages against the company.

Probably hired a college student at minimum wage to troll ebay and find MAP and authorized dealer violations. It's a boring job and the kid was probably smoking weed and clicked on the wrong link, hence the hassle. I get dinged for copyright violations now and again on YouTube for playing my original compositions! And I have to prove it's mine! That's life and I find it hard to believe you would spend thousands in lawyers fees for something you can solve with a phone call or email...

Feb 08, 2015 at 01:48 AM
996gt2
• •
p.2 #5 · p.2 #5 · Can't sell Manfrotto on Ebay?

No wonder there aren't many Manfrotto ballheads for sale on eBay.

Feb 08, 2015 at 01:44 PM
rw11
• • • •
p.2 #6 · p.2 #6 · Can't sell Manfrotto on Ebay?

Gochugogi wrote:
The public employs lawyers called state's attorney generals. If they get enough complaints they will put a stop to this. If not, then not.

Feb 08, 2015 at 02:01 PM
matthewm
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #7 · p.2 #7 · Can't sell Manfrotto on Ebay?

We're all quick to blame Manfrotto here, but eBay is the company enforcing this. I would really think that eBay would draft up some kind of agreement or disclaimer somewhere that states that companies cannot file claims for "copyright" violation unless someone is using a direct copy of a product description, etc.

I was recently flagged and temporarily banned from eBay for selling AR-15 magazines. The reason listed was that I was in violation of their firearms policy and, specifically, that I was selling an automatic or semi automatic weapon.

Stupid eBay wouldn't know the difference between a panda bear and an AR-15 if you shot them in the behind with one. Yet, they see a magazine and immediately the red flags go up. What's funny is that I was selling a shotgun barrel, a custom 10/22 rifle barrel and a few other firearms-related items at the same time and they didn't so much as blink an eye at those. My ban was lifted and those items sold and I shipped them out (freaked out the UPS lady when I insured a "Shotgun Barrel" so I changed it to "Machined Tubing" which made her feel a lot better).

eBay is like the lottery. Some days you win, most days you don't. I avoid eBay as a seller now if I can help it.

Feb 09, 2015 at 10:57 AM
bobsyeruncle

p.2 #8 · p.2 #8 · Can't sell Manfrotto on Ebay?

eBay, it appears, has a back-end system to which they permit other companies access. Those companies then search and perform de-listing actions unfettered by eBay. In speaking with eBay it was intimated to me that with my listing the company in question was out of line in their use of the back-end de-listing system.

Feb 09, 2015 at 12:55 PM
jim allison
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #9 · p.2 #9 · Can't sell Manfrotto on Ebay?

Way to build good will Manfotto. What a bunch of idiots!

Feb 13, 2015 at 08:15 PM
Gochugogi
• • • • • •
p.2 #10 · p.2 #10 · Can't sell Manfrotto on Ebay?

Lots of used Manfrotto gear on Amazon from both individuals and dealers. I even sold a couple heads there. No problems whatsoever.

Feb 14, 2015 at 12:14 AM
       end

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.