FM Forum Rules
Nature & Wildlife Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Nature & Wildlife | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2015 · A handful from Kruger Park, South Africa

cocodrillo
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · A handful from Kruger Park, South Africa

I'm mostly a lurker on this board, generally shooting sports and my kid. But, sometimes I get a day or two to shoot other creatures. A recent work trip left me 'stranded' in Kruger Park for two days with my 500. Hard life. As usual for me in Kruger, the cats kept to themselves deep in the underbrush. I'm still wading through images, but here are a few early ones. comments and critiques always welcome.

(Possibly my favourite if only because it was literally shot with a G&T at my feet while standing on the pool deck of the private game lodge attached to Kruger where we spent the first night)

Feb 06, 2015 at 04:25 AM
surfnron
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · A handful from Kruger Park, South Africa

A very nice set Sean. My comment would be to post them larger. I'm glad you finally made it to the right board ~ Ron

Feb 06, 2015 at 08:39 AM
DonGut
• • • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · A handful from Kruger Park, South Africa

Love your eagle and bee-eater. Please post larger. Take your kid next time; this stuff is magic!
Don

Feb 06, 2015 at 09:24 AM
Herb Houghton
• • • • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · A handful from Kruger Park, South Africa

Welcome to the board and I hope to see more and a bit larger as well. If you know the species, please ID them for some of us who are curious.

Feb 06, 2015 at 01:59 PM
braam
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · A handful from Kruger Park, South Africa

With KNP in your backyard, so to speak, we hope to see more of your work here in the future. As others have mentioned, post larger 1000 to 1200 pixels on long side, and inform us about the Carmine bee-eater, the greater striped european swallow, the martial eagle, etc. tfs.

Feb 06, 2015 at 02:08 PM
eyelaser
• • • • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · A handful from Kruger Park, South Africa

Always nice to see more stuff from Africa on the forum....the martial eagle is a particular favorite of mine but have to agree that your last shot whilst otherwise occupied is pretty cool!
Eric

Feb 06, 2015 at 02:14 PM
cocodrillo
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · A handful from Kruger Park, South Africa

Thanks for the kind words, folks. In terms of larger images and IDs, I've got two sets of images -- these are quick facebook converts I did on the fly and thus small and captionless. The images with IDs are still being crunched.

DonGut -- the four year-old was in the back seat and completely enchanted by the dung beetles and, much to our surprise, the zebras.

Braam -- sadly, Kruger isn't in the backyard. We had to kill a few days while waiting for our visas to get into Mozambique for a research trip I was doing for the day job. Normal days for me involve waving to the kangaroos on the bike into work, not dodging ambushing cats.

Feb 06, 2015 at 04:26 PM
can0nfan2379
• • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · A handful from Kruger Park, South Africa

Good set!

Feb 06, 2015 at 10:11 PM
morris
• • • • • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · A handful from Kruger Park, South Africa

Excellent set! I agree post a bit larger

Morris

Feb 06, 2015 at 10:16 PM
birdied
• • • • • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · A handful from Kruger Park, South Africa

Wonderful set. Do love that last one.

Birdie

Feb 06, 2015 at 10:18 PM

FM Forums | Nature & Wildlife | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.