Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2015 · 5d Mark III LCD & Info screen protector and Battery Grip?

Photo4Less

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · 5d Mark III LCD & Info screen protector and Battery Grip?

Just purchased my very first 5D Mark III and anxiously excited to start shooting. However, I would like to get a LCD and Info screen protector before I start scratching it in swirls.
What's your brand for those of you who prefers them on?
Where can I buy it? (Please post link)
Are hard protector cover better versus from the clear film layer?

Also, are cheap off brand battery grip functional as the genuine BG-E11?
What's a preferred brand?

Help!

Feb 04, 2015 at 08:15 PM
Photo4Less

p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · 5d Mark III LCD & Info screen protector and Battery Grip?

Bump. Any help?

Feb 06, 2015 at 07:11 PM
Jo Dilbeck
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · 5d Mark III LCD & Info screen protector and Battery Grip?

You don't really need screen protectors, the LCD'S are pretty tough. But if you go that route, I've always had good experience with Zagg brand on my cell phones and ipods.

Can't help you with the generic battery grip, sorry.

Jo

Feb 06, 2015 at 08:09 PM
Emile Gregoire
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · 5d Mark III LCD & Info screen protector and Battery Grip?

There was a thread on LCD protectors just about a week ago. Do a search to get some good answers. I myself like the GGS Larmor screens and have put one on both my 5D3's. They're made from fortified glass and you just can't see they're on there. Excellent stuff. Can't comment on aftermarket grips as I use the Canon one.

Feb 07, 2015 at 02:41 AM
ClausC
• •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · 5d Mark III LCD & Info screen protector and Battery Grip?

I have been using 5DIII for three year without any of those protectors, no scratches despite quite rough handling. I don't think you need them.

Feb 07, 2015 at 06:41 AM
Herb
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · 5d Mark III LCD & Info screen protector and Battery Grip?

I am with you on the need for a protector.....so I will use the logic that everyone else states.....I started with the D30....first digital SLR that was canons and not Kodak. Lots of bodies since then.....then I was hiking in Bryce Canyon and by the time I had gotten to the top, my 1Dx had a huge scratch on the display.

About $300 later it was good as new...do you need it? NO! But, when you get a scratch on it you will wish you had! My 1Dx, 5DIII and the 7DII ALL have display protection now. The only one that doesn't now is my trusty 20D.

So you can elect to not put one on.....or you can......it's like insurance, what a waste until you need it!

Feb 07, 2015 at 08:54 AM
kezeka
• • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · 5d Mark III LCD & Info screen protector and Battery Grip?

Photo4Less wrote:
Just purchased my very first 5D Mark III and anxiously excited to start shooting. However, I would like to get a LCD and Info screen protector before I start scratching it in swirls.
What's your brand for those of you who prefers them on?
Where can I buy it? (Please post link)
Are hard protector cover better versus from the clear film layer?

Also, are cheap off brand battery grip functional as the genuine BG-E11?
What's a preferred brand?

Help!

I scratched the crap out of my 5D3's screen during my first week of using it a big festival. The screen has an AF coating on the outside that makes it significantly less resilient than the old screen covers. Also, it kept picking up sweat from my nose makes it almost impossible to see the screen. So I bought a Zagg invisible shield for the back screen and it works fantastically well- no scratches and as a bonus I can now stick my sweaty nose all over the screen and see my photos still .

I bought it directly from Zaggs website.

Feb 07, 2015 at 09:32 AM
Emile Gregoire
• • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · 5d Mark III LCD & Info screen protector and Battery Grip?

Yeah, both my 5D3's got scratched in the first month of use as well and when I sold my 5D2's I noticed quite a few scratches on the back there too. Anyone have a solution for the top LCD? So far mine are OK but I didn't manage to get the GGS Larmor glass screens to fit properly there.

Feb 07, 2015 at 10:02 AM
can0nfan2379
• • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · 5d Mark III LCD & Info screen protector and Battery Grip?

GGS Slide on/off rear screen protector. I've never used protectors for the top LCD and have never scratched one yet.

Feb 07, 2015 at 10:05 AM
kezeka
• • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · 5d Mark III LCD & Info screen protector and Battery Grip?

Emile Gregoire wrote:
Yeah, both my 5D3's got scratched in the first month of use as well and when I sold my 5D2's I noticed quite a few scratches on the back there too. Anyone have a solution for the top LCD? So far mine are OK but I didn't manage to get the GGS Larmor glass screens to fit properly there.

Zagg sells the back screen protector with the top LCD screen protector as a bundle. It works great. Not sure why someone would ever want a big bulky glass screen protector when the good film ones exceed at distributing impact stress.

Feb 07, 2015 at 10:29 AM

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.