Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2015 · Mac Dual Display Menu Bar Question

MRomine
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Mac Dual Display Menu Bar Question

OS 10.10.2

I'm running a dual display set-up under the above OS and currently both displays are showing a menu bar. I know I can turn off the menu bar on the 2nd or auxiliary display but I can't find where to do that. I've been all through the System Preferences->Displays settings and I don't see anything in there. I've also looked through the Finder preferences and no go there either.

The reason that I know this can be done is because I have two dual display set-ups and on the other one the menu bar is only showing on the main display.

Anyone remember where this is controlled?

Feb 04, 2015 at 10:11 AM
ganderson
• •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Mac Dual Display Menu Bar Question

Have you noticed any issues with unchecking this option with regards to apps that are aware/use/expect the multiple displays to be in separate spaces?

I just seem to remember some people cautioning against doing this for some Mavericks "aware" applications.

PS. Yes it is hard to find this option/setting

Feb 07, 2015 at 06:31 PM
MRomine
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Mac Dual Display Menu Bar Question

ganderson wrote:
Have you noticed any issues with unchecking this option with regards to apps that are aware/use/expect the multiple displays to be in separate spaces?

Not seeing any so far.

ganderson wrote:
I just seem to remember some people cautioning against doing this for some Mavericks "aware" applications.

PS. Yes it is hard to find this option/setting

In my research one thing that I did find, there is a known bug with a dual display set-up running under Yosemite, The log-in screen comes up on the secondary display and not the main display. This is happening on one of my set-ups but not the other one.

Feb 07, 2015 at 10:33 PM
Mark_L
• • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Mac Dual Display Menu Bar Question

Really wish they'd fix the multi screen support in OSX. Coming from Windows + Ultramon it is like stepping back 10 years.

Feb 09, 2015 at 07:36 AM

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.