Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2015 · Grey market D750 - thoughts on repair of flare issue by Nikon USA

distracted
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Grey market D750 - thoughts on repair of flare issue by Nikon USA

I have recently purchased a grey market D750. I was about to purchase a USA version at B&H when they were pulled from the market. It was a nice savings but mostly I purchased because the USA versions were not available. I understood the possible ramifications when I purchased it. I also understood that they were going to fix any D750, regardless of origin, concerning the flare issue.

I have so far been impressed with the D750. Image quality is outstanding and it is exactly the camera I have been hoping Nikon would deliver. Auto WB is the best I have seen on any camera I have used to date. AF is superb. I have not confirmed that my particular camera has the flare issue. However, it is within the serial number range in which Nikon will have you send it in for repair.

I have seen others comment on their repairs and post their work orders with a list of what Nikon did while in service. There have been other checks, cleaning, and adjustments in connection with the flare fix. I believe all of these I have seen referrenced are USA warrented cameras. I think I understand correctly that with my camera being a grey model Nikon USA will only fix the flare issue.

I am curious if there has been anyone else with a grey model D750 (or grey D600) that has gotten their camera back from repair? What did Nikon USA do or not do during this service?

Here are my concerns... If I send it in and they fix the flare issue only, could that disrupt any other functionality in the process? If they do not check all parameters after fixing the flare issue, could I possibly receive the camera back in a less desirable state? I know Nikon USA does not really like people buying grey market products and will not repair them at any cost. Is there any reason to think that they might be less than respectful of a body like mine that comes in for the flare fix?

BE

Feb 03, 2015 at 02:36 PM
sonofjesse2010
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Grey market D750 - thoughts on repair of flare issue by Nikon USA

They should fix it no issues. I wouldn't worry.

Good luck.

Feb 10, 2015 at 09:10 PM
stevez32
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Grey market D750 - thoughts on repair of flare issue by Nikon USA

Sounds like fairly legitimate concerns, since I have heard some bad things about Nikon repair. "If it aint broke, don't fit it" If its a concern why not just keep it the way it is, have you been able to replicate the problem? I personally think the whole issue is overblown and not likely to affect most shooters and it seems the worse that happens is you crop a bit, so I wouldn't bother sending in for the repair at all if the camera is doing well as is.

Feb 10, 2015 at 10:55 PM
cohenfive
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Grey market D750 - thoughts on repair of flare issue by Nikon USA

I haven't seen the issue, but sent mine in anyway. The main issue for me is resale...if you don't get it fixed, every single person who might want to buy it is going to ask why not.

Feb 11, 2015 at 03:01 AM
keema

p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Grey market D750 - thoughts on repair of flare issue by Nikon USA

So a grey market D750 is still going to be fix by Nikon for free?

Feb 11, 2015 at 06:09 AM
distracted
• •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Grey market D750 - thoughts on repair of flare issue by Nikon USA

For the flare issue, yes.

keema wrote:
So a grey market D750 is still going to be fix by Nikon for free?

Feb 11, 2015 at 06:41 AM
sinda67

p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Grey market D750 - thoughts on repair of flare issue by Nikon USA

I found on a post on DP review that said, yes they will fix without charge, some guy sent it in and got his grey market back, no problems. Ill see if I can find that link

Feb 11, 2015 at 08:09 AM
keema

p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Grey market D750 - thoughts on repair of flare issue by Nikon USA

@sinda67, yes please post the link if you can find it. thanks.

Feb 11, 2015 at 08:38 AM

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.