Home · Register · Software · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

Weekly assignment 306: Overhead
Deadline: August 20th noon UTC/GMT

WA Rules ยท Current entries
  

FM Forums | Weekly Assignments | Join Upload & Sell

1
       2       end
  

Archive 2015 · #643 Washing machine
  
 
jbush
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · #643 Washing machine


I didn't feel any inspiration for this assignment until I did some laundry today...

Jon




  X-T1    XF10-24mmF4 R OIS lens    10mm    f/13.0    1s    200 ISO    0.0 EV  




Feb 03, 2015 at 12:19 AM
musingclouds
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · #643 Washing machine


Awesome Jon!


Feb 03, 2015 at 12:55 AM
jbush
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · #643 Washing machine


Thanks Jason!

Jon



Feb 03, 2015 at 01:46 AM
beavens
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · #643 Washing machine


Great shot, Jon - I am getting a 2001: A Space Odyssey vibe here.

How did you tackle the lighting here?

Cheers,

Jeff




Feb 03, 2015 at 12:57 PM
jbush
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · #643 Washing machine


beavens wrote:
Great shot, Jon - I am getting a 2001: A Space Odyssey vibe here.

How did you tackle the lighting here?

Cheers,

Jeff



Thanks Jeff! I had the lights out in the laundry room and used a small LED flashlight and light-painted the letter "O" around base of the interior of the drum. It took a few tries to do it quickly with the 1 second exposure and to avoid getting a hotspot on the flat center section.

Jon



Feb 03, 2015 at 03:22 PM
beavens
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · #643 Washing machine


jbush wrote:
Thanks Jeff! I had the lights out in the laundry room and used a small LED flashlight and light-painted the letter "O" around base of the interior of the drum. It took a few tries to do it quickly with the 1 second exposure and to avoid getting a hotspot on the flat center section.

Jon


Well done! Not gonna lie, I've been impressed with those X-T1s.



Feb 03, 2015 at 05:25 PM
jbush
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · #643 Washing machine


Thanks again Jeff. Yes, the X-T1 is a great little camera and I'm enjoying using it very much. The Fujinon lenses aren't too shabby either! Things about it that surprised me (with regard to how often I use them) and that I will not do without in whatever my next camera is: the articulating rear LCD, and WiFi connectivity. The former I find I am using a lot more than I expected, and the WiFi is great for any remote or hands-free shooting as well as easily transferring images to my iPhone or iPad...I also think it is well implemented in this camera, though others, from what I have read, seem to feel differently about this.

Jon

Edited on Feb 05, 2015 at 04:21 PM · View previous versions



Feb 03, 2015 at 06:51 PM
beavens
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · #643 Washing machine


jbush wrote:
Thanks again Jeff. Yes, the X-T1 is a great little camera and I'm enjoying using it very much. The Fujinon lenses aren't too shabby either! Things about it that surprised me (with regard to how often I use them) and that I will not do without in whatever my next camera is: the articulating rear LCD, and WiFi connectivity. The former I find I am using a lot more than I expected, and the WiFi is great for any remote or hands-free shooting...I also think it is well implemented in this camera, though others, from what I have read,
...Show more

I know it's off-topic and all, but I hope you've upgraded the firmware recently - I heard it added even more features!



Feb 03, 2015 at 08:12 PM
jbush
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · #643 Washing machine


beavens wrote:
I know it's off-topic and all, but I hope you've upgraded the firmware recently - I heard it added even more features!


Upgraded the day it was made available! It was like getting a new camera, or at least a nice upgrade of what I had. I think there are 25+ changes/new features.



Feb 03, 2015 at 08:51 PM
Foggy14
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · #643 Washing machine


Jon, very cool!




Feb 04, 2015 at 01:09 AM
 

Search in Used Dept. 



Lilki
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · #643 Washing machine


That's a really cool shot!


Feb 04, 2015 at 02:06 AM
jbush
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · #643 Washing machine


Foggy14 wrote:
Jon, very cool!



---------------------------------------------

Lilki wrote:
That's a really cool shot!


Thank you both! It was a lot of fun putting this together once the inspiration struck...what I thought would take 10 minutes, turned into an hour as I tried different lighting techniques. (And as a side benefit, my wife and I have clean clothes! What's not to like? )

Jon



Feb 04, 2015 at 02:39 AM
hopes2
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · #643 Washing machine


Going through the thumbs I thought it was a weird hubcap.
Well done and good luck.

Dan



Feb 04, 2015 at 05:05 AM
jbush
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · #643 Washing machine


hopes2 wrote:
Going through the thumbs I thought it was a weird hubcap.
Well done and good luck.

Dan


Thank you Dan! I probably could have explained it better in my initial posting, but yeah, it's not a hubcap, but the inside of my clothes washer.

Love the Gooseneck, BTW, good luck to you and I hope that mouth is feeling better!

Jon



Feb 04, 2015 at 03:33 PM
anselwannab
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · #643 Washing machine


I thought it was a gourmet cheese grater at first.


Feb 04, 2015 at 11:11 PM
bnoeggs
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · #643 Washing machine


Jon, another got my vote this week but HAD to stop by and compliment the nice shot AND give you kudos for very creative lighting! You certainly nailed the shot. Love the imagination and creativity!


Feb 05, 2015 at 06:53 AM
jbush
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · #643 Washing machine


anselwannab wrote:
I thought it was a gourmet cheese grater at first.


Haha...now there's an idea! I could solve the sore wrist syndrome of grinding rock-hard Parmesan cheese in my rotary cheese grater by tossing the whole wedge in the washer and putting it on the spin-dry cycle!

Jon



Feb 05, 2015 at 04:00 PM
jbush
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · #643 Washing machine


bnoeggs wrote:
Jon, another got my vote this week but HAD to stop by and compliment the nice shot AND give you kudos for very creative lighting! You certainly nailed the shot. Love the imagination and creativity!


Thanks very much! It was a fun revelation when I first envisioned this, and I'm glad I could actually follow through with creating what I had imagined. Some of the stuff I see in my head doesn't always look so good in the final image!

My fear now is that my wife will be encouraging me to take on more chores with the promise of the next bit of inspiration being right there in front of me in the "honey-do" list!

Jon



Feb 05, 2015 at 04:10 PM
Danpbphoto
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · #643 Washing machine


Very creative Jon and congrats on your win!! I think we have the same washer tub!!!
Dan



Feb 11, 2015 at 01:58 PM
jbush
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #20 · p.1 #20 · #643 Washing machine


Thanks very much Dan! And I'm glad that we have this connection (LG washer?)...maybe I should add an appliance section to my profile...

Good luck this week!

Jon



Feb 11, 2015 at 03:18 PM
1
       2       end






FM Forums | Weekly Assignments | Join Upload & Sell

1
       2       end
    
 

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password