New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Trip Location Advice & Meet-ups | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2015 · Lens advice for 1 week in Cancun, MX

spork3127
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Lens advice for 1 week in Cancun, MX

My wife and I are heading to Cancun in March for a week to celebrate our 10 year wedding anniversary. I wanted to get some opinions on what lenses to take. My current gear is below...

Canon 7DM2
Canon 28mm f/1.8
Canon 50mm f/1.4
Canon 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5
Canon 24-70mm f/2.8L V1
Canon 70-300mm f/4-5.6L (currently for sale and won't make the trip if I can sell it by then)
Canon 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L V2

I also reserved a Canon 8-15 f/4L fisheye for the trip plus an extra week. I've been considering adding it to my bag as there's a lot of local things that it'd work well for that I'm hoping to shoot in that extra week, plus I think it'll be fun for some seascapes and some of the Mayan ruins.

The 100-400 is really the only one that I'm questioning, but there will be a few wildlife opportunities on the trip.

Feb 01, 2015 at 12:59 PM
Craig Gillette
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Lens advice for 1 week in Cancun, MX

I'm going to assume she's all in on taking all this gear? Otherwise, she might be the first/best person to ask. Then the wide and mid-range zooms and maybe the 100-400.

Feb 02, 2015 at 02:20 AM
spork3127
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Lens advice for 1 week in Cancun, MX

She knows how I am and fully expects one of our carry on bags to be my camera gear. She still loves me despite my money pit.

Feb 02, 2015 at 09:17 PM

FM Forums | Trip Location Advice & Meet-ups | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.