New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2015 · Impressed with the Neewer L Plate

Ghostinz
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Impressed with the Neewer L Plate

After a decent review, I ordered a Neewer L plate for my Sony A6000. Pretty impressed. Its every bit as good as the RRS one for my D600, and under $40 at Amazon. Fits perfectly in both my RRS tripod and my MeFoto.

Jan 31, 2015 at 08:21 PM
jecottrell
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Impressed with the Neewer L Plate

I received mine for a Fuji X-T1 yesterday. ~$30 on Amazon.

I miss the sensor centering marks. I use them primarily for stitched panos.

The captive machine screw for attaching to the camera isn't quite as smooth as the RRS. It likes to grab the L-plate and make it feel as though it's getting cross threaded in the camera.

The cutout for the strap lug isn't big enough for the new, round split rings that Fuji suggests to prevent lug wear.

RRS seems to have its own set of nits for its L plate. Even though I hate spending money on cheap, Chinese knockoffs, the Neewer bracket filled a void. I needed something short term, for a camera I'm not positive will be around long. All in all, a pretty good buy.

Jan 31, 2015 at 08:58 PM
Ghostinz
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Impressed with the Neewer L Plate

yes..I agree it fills a void. This camera won't be on a tripod much, but at least I have something. That would be my only gripe as well, not having the retainer pins on the bracket. But all and all, seems to work well.

Jan 31, 2015 at 09:03 PM

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.