FM Forum Rules
Nature & Wildlife Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Nature & Wildlife | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2015 · Black-capped Chickadee

James McQueen
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Black-capped Chickadee

I was able to get another shot of this guy this morning. These guys are to fast for an old guy like me. I'm still looking for that one male cardinal in the neighborhood with decent feathers. As always your suggestions and comments are always welcome.

- Jim

Jan 30, 2015 at 05:26 PM
morris
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Black-capped Chickadee

Hi Jim,

Little birds are hard for everyone as they are so energetic. Getting a good exposure of a bird with both black and white feathers is very tricky. Good job of getting a clean view.

Morris

Jan 30, 2015 at 06:12 PM
Ted ellis
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Black-capped Chickadee

Jim:

I have to be quite frank. Great bg but, the chickadee as I see it was over filtered and then over sharpened.

There is a huge learning curve and it takes time to perfect the capture, the focus, the exposure and PP.

Please do not be offended. Honest critique/suggestions can only lead, if applied, to better images.

Ted

Jan 30, 2015 at 06:19 PM
James McQueen
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Black-capped Chickadee

Thanks for your help and suggestions Ted. No offense taken as I've only been at this bird photography for about three weeks and have plenty to learn. Will keep trying for sure until I get it done correctly. I really admire your post of the three “Card” stud.

Again thanks for your help.

- Jim

Jan 31, 2015 at 07:02 AM

FM Forums | Nature & Wildlife | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.