Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · A couple from yesterday

Jan 30, 2015 at 09:05 AM
Jonathan Brady
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · A couple from yesterday

both are great!

take my HIGHLY uneducated/inexperienced feedback as that... Both, to me, feel like they need a tad more room over the subject's head. Just feels a touch cramped. Otherwise awesome! Love the tonality of the B&W conversion and the man in the dark suit REALLY jumps out!

Jan 30, 2015 at 10:07 AM
airfrogusmc
• • • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · A couple from yesterday

Thanks Jonathon,

These are both loose crops for me and the way I usually shoot LoL...

And they were shot in B&W. Leica M Monochrom.

Allen

Jan 30, 2015 at 10:12 AM
dmacmillan
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · A couple from yesterday

These are very nice.

When I win the lottery, I'll buy a Monochrom. Until then, I'll keep shooting with my M3. It has this nifty feature, it is convertible. By merely swapping out the image capturing device, I can make it either monochrome or color.

Jan 30, 2015 at 10:33 AM
airfrogusmc
• • • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · A couple from yesterday

Thank you and If I still had a darkroom I would still be shooting film in some capacity. Was forced to downsize. The M3 is a beautiful camera and i still love firm.

There are some things I love about digital to. I do like the fact the MM has amazing DR and sharpness. Files look more like med format film and it is terrific at 3200 ISO. at 6400 to 10,000 The files kinda look like tri-x processed in rodinal and look more like that than digital noise. And I do like the flexibility of being able to go from shooting a frame at 320 ISO and the very next frame I can shoot at 3200 iso and the frame after that I can shoot 1600 or 80o, etc...

I do love the look of silver gelatin prints though and I do miss the darkroom. Also in the gallery world silver prints usually command about 10 times more $$$$ than ink jet prints do.

You'd be surprised what you can afford when you don't buy all the stuff. Leica M and Leica MM are no more than the top of the line nicanons. Leica glass is pricey but you wont loose money if you buy Leica glass. In fact if you hold on long enough you might, if the lens you do buy becomes collectable, make some money. Have you seen the price of the AA 35 lux lately?

Jan 30, 2015 at 10:46 AM

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.