New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2015 · HSS issues with Mini and SB-910

Eric Smith
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · HSS issues with Mini and SB-910

I have a Nikon D3s with a SB-910. In order to use high speed sync off camera, I purchased a Pocket Wizard Mini TT1 to transmit to a PW Plus II receiver (I also can use a MultiMax). In the camera menu, I do have the FP setting set to allow HSS. Started from the top down, did the test shot at 1/160 sec as told in the Mini TT menu, no problem. 1/200, no problem, 1/250 no problem. Above that? It won't fire. 1/640, nothing. 1/800, nothing, etc. Hit the test button on the Mini and it is receiving the signal, but any shot from 1/320 and up, the flash will not fire period. Can anyone here offer any assistance? It would be greatly appreciated!

Jan 29, 2015 at 07:50 PM
hijazist
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · HSS issues with Mini and SB-910

I am honestly not familiar with HSS via the PWs, but I came upon this in case you didn't check it out:

http://wiki.pocketwizard.com/index.php?title=Advanced_Wireless_TTL

Also I would post the problem in the Lighting Thread where you might get further replies

Jan 29, 2015 at 07:55 PM
Eric Smith
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · HSS issues with Mini and SB-910

Yeah, I posted it there too, I'm just trying to maximize any opportunity to get help with this problem. Thank you for the link!

Jan 29, 2015 at 07:56 PM
Rob UK
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · HSS issues with Mini and SB-910

Hi Eric,
Its my understanding that HSS is only achievable with FlexTT5's and MiniTT1's. So I think that the Plus ii you are using could be the problem? I didn't think that Plus 2's or 3's can do HSS.
Of course I could be wrong and Im happy to be corrected, but I believe this to be the case.
Hope this helps or at least gives you a direction to look in.
Rob

Jan 29, 2015 at 11:40 PM
Gregg Heckler
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · HSS issues with Mini and SB-910

"Hi Eric,
Its my understanding that HSS is only achievable with FlexTT5's and MiniTT1's. So I think that the Plus ii you are using could be the problem? I didn't think that Plus 2's or 3's can do HSS.
Of course I could be wrong and Im happy to be corrected, but I believe this to be the case.
Hope this helps or at least gives you a direction to look in.
Rob"

Correct

Jan 29, 2015 at 11:53 PM
Eric Smith
• •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · HSS issues with Mini and SB-910

Thank you Rob and Gregg, you are both correct. Though you can enable hyper sync in the utility and it will go up to 1/800 sec at full power with consistency with a plus 2 receiver, that's s far cry from 1/8000. Thank you both for your help.

Jan 30, 2015 at 09:21 AM
Rob UK
• •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · HSS issues with Mini and SB-910

You're welcome
I hope you managed to achieve what you needed to.
Rob

Feb 01, 2015 at 09:42 AM

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.