Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2015 · What's the real value of a used D750 body?

jim allison
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · What's the real value of a used D750 body?

With what do grey d750's available for 1599.95 to 1750.00 or so, what do you guys fiqure a used USA body is worth? I don't think a used body is worth as much as a new one so I, figure a Used USA to be worth around 1450.00 and a used grey market version to be worth around 1299.95. I think a 10% from greymarket price makes sense for a used USA body What do you figure, and more importantly why?

Jan 27, 2015 at 04:18 PM
ronno
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · What's the real value of a used D750 body?

Value just plummeted due to the recall. Apparently no one wants to buy used until the dust has cleared.

Jan 27, 2015 at 04:22 PM
Derek Weston
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · What's the real value of a used D750 body?

I'd probably buy one of these if I can get it under 1500...

Jan 27, 2015 at 04:31 PM
jim allison
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · What's the real value of a used D750 body?

Yea,I kinda feel that at 1450.00 it's a deal, but folks must be smoking something while posting their asking prices?Do they think it's more valuable when there's a shortage, when the shortage was caused by the recall? Besides, Nikon said that they would fix all cameras despite country of origin. Used sellers are competing with new grey market cameras. I'll be damned if I pay more for a used camera then I can buy a new one!

Jan 27, 2015 at 04:48 PM
jsv_20
• •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · What's the real value of a used D750 body?

If another shipment comes in from Japan and it's sold at $1599 I'll be getting one...

Jan 27, 2015 at 05:24 PM
jim allison
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · What's the real value of a used D750 body?

Probably me too. I'm certainly not going to pay 1900.00 for a used one!

Jan 27, 2015 at 05:28 PM
lorac
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · What's the real value of a used D750 body?

I still think a used USA body in mint/ near mint condition with less than 10.000 actuations is still worth more than a new gray market body. Especially with this flare issue. Makes me want to have no problems getting repair work done under warranty or not in the future.

Jan 27, 2015 at 05:43 PM
mshi
• • • •
[X]
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · What's the real value of a used D750 body?

How much a used D750 can command depends a great deal on factors, such as shutter count, overall shape and conditions. I'd say it should be between $1300 and $1500 by February since it should be $500 to $600 North of that of used D600.

Jan 27, 2015 at 06:26 PM
sonofjesse2010
• • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · What's the real value of a used D750 body?

I think 2,000-2100 is fair for a new D750 less than a 1000 clicks. I meant he camera is just brand new.

But its really worth on how much you want to pay. If its only worth a 1000 wait a year or so and pick one up!

I love the D750 so far, but the image quality is just like the D610 IMHO and not worth the overhead if yous do landscapes/people non moving IMHO YMMV.

Jan 27, 2015 at 06:32 PM
Veedotcom
• •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · What's the real value of a used D750 body?

What's the turn around time before the next model? D750s or x I would wait.

Jan 27, 2015 at 07:02 PM
CGrindahl
• • • • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · What's the real value of a used D750 body?

The only D750s sold on the Buy and Sell thread at depressed prices were grey market models without warranty. There doesn't seem to be a rush to sell at bargain basement prices. This is still a very well reviewed and regarded camera. Perhaps Nikon will feel pressed to offer some form of discount should sales languish. The recall certainly doesn't help. It is possible, however, that a quick response will protect Nikon in the longer run. The D610 was a fiasco, a fix not acknowledged as a fix that depressed prices eventually for both the D600 and D610. Certainly the arrival of the D750 didn't help the market for either camera.

I'll be following prices for this camera because it may be my next purchase. Let's see what happens...

Jan 27, 2015 at 07:27 PM
jim allison
• • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · What's the real value of a used D750 body?

If only B&H would start selling grey market, it would break the starglehold Nikon has.They could pull it off. Go Henry.

Jan 28, 2015 at 07:50 PM
ckcarr
• • • • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · What's the real value of a used D750 body?

jim allison wrote:
If only B&H would start selling grey market, it would break the starglehold Nikon has.They could pull it off. Go Henry.

They have sold gray market lenses and some bodies for years. They call them "Imports."

Look at their listings for the Nikon 300mm f/4 AF-S
Gray market $1,049
USA version $1,369

Jan 28, 2015 at 08:29 PM
cohenfive
• • • • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · What's the real value of a used D750 body?

The repaired d750's will sell high, just like they did before the flare repair...don't forget, the camera is in demand, and it performs really, really well on all fronts..and that hasn't changed. I think the dollar will keep the grey market going with cheap cameras, and that will have some impact on pricing, especially of used usa models. If you can get a new, grey for $1600 I think a low mileage usa model should be a little higher...but not much. I'm likely to be looking for a second body after the dust has settled on the repair...Although the first one I got for a really great price that will be difficult to beat.

Jan 28, 2015 at 09:07 PM
Weez
• •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · What's the real value of a used D750 body?

cohenfive wrote:
The repaired d750's will sell high, just like they did before the flare repair...don't forget, the camera is in demand, and it performs really, really well on all fronts..and that hasn't changed. I think the dollar will keep the grey market going with cheap cameras, and that will have some impact on pricing, especially of used usa models. If you can get a new, grey for $1600 I think a low mileage usa model should be a little higher...but not much. I'm likely to be looking for a second body after the dust has settled on the repair...Although the first
...Show more

Agreed.

I think some are forgetting that the IQ, DR, AF, high ISO performance...are all top notch, and feel that the problem negates its otherwise excellent performance. It's a great camera all around, even with the banding/flare/whatever you want to call it.

There are many pros using it, and happily so. I think these numbers will only continue to rise.

And, the problem is fixable in post. Not a one-button click fix, but it can be done, and for the small percentage of images that are actually affected, it's not that big a deal.

I don't plan on selling mine, but I'll happily pick up another on the cheap, if the opportunity presents itself.

Jan 28, 2015 at 09:30 PM
molson
• • • • • • •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · What's the real value of a used D750 body?

I'll wait until Amazon.ca has another one of their 25%-33% off sales, and pick up a new one then.

Jan 29, 2015 at 02:55 PM

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.