New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2015 · 3 onstage portraits

ATurturro
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · 3 onstage portraits

hi all,

here are 3 onstage portraits from a recent concert i shot. i edited them a little on heavy side, not sure if it works or not...

all comments and critique are welcome and greatly appreciated.

thanks!
-ana

Jan 26, 2015 at 09:54 PM
Jonathan Brady
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · 3 onstage portraits

I don't think the processing is too heavy given the emotion captured. However, it's impossible to tell that these were during a concert - if that aspect is important. Great shots and I really like the processing!

Jan 27, 2015 at 05:56 AM
ATurturro
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · 3 onstage portraits

Jonathan Brady wrote:
I don't think the processing is too heavy given the emotion captured. However, it's impossible to tell that these were during a concert - if that aspect is important. Great shots and I really like the processing!

thanks so much for taking the time to comment, jonathan. im glad you think the processing is okay, because i thought it fit the shot(s). that aspect was not important to me for this set, but i appreciate you pointing that out. thanks again!

Jan 28, 2015 at 10:42 PM
gschlact
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · 3 onstage portraits

Ana,
I like the first one.
FYI (unrelated to your edits)
Learned by accident the other day a 'trick' for editing some high contrast sharp cutoff stage lit singers. I had to blow some highlights and was still stuck with pretty sharp cutoff on face / hair etc.
The trick, after best effort for highlight/ white (LR) recovery, I put Clarity to almost 100. The effect was somewhat minimal grunge, but more importantly it amplified any slight light in the dark areas which in an overall sense lightened the image.

Guy

Jan 29, 2015 at 10:52 PM
ATurturro
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · 3 onstage portraits

gschlact wrote:
Ana,
I like the first one.
FYI (unrelated to your edits)
Learned by accident the other day a 'trick' for editing some high contrast sharp cutoff stage lit singers. I had to blow some highlights and was still stuck with pretty sharp cutoff on face / hair etc.
The trick, after best effort for highlight/ white (LR) recovery, I put Clarity to almost 100. The effect was somewhat minimal grunge, but more importantly it amplified any slight light in the dark areas which in an overall sense lightened the image.

Guy

Guy, thanks so much for the comments. The first one is clarity set to 100. The second and third images are probably around clarity 20-30ish. Thanks, Ana

Jan 30, 2015 at 09:32 AM

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.