New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2015 · Vinyl Stickers

Dave_EP
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Vinyl Stickers

Anyone had experience of printing to ink-jet printable vinyl stickers?

They claim to be waterproof, but I suspect they are at best splash proof and real 'wet' will make them run just like anything else.

I need to make some custom (2 or 3 off only) stickers for equipment boxes (pelican) that are in the order of 7"x4" (18cmx10cm) and I'm wondering if these are going to be suitable.

Typical examples are: http://www.photopaperdirect.com/categories/Creative-Paper/Creative-Stickers/?gclid=CPuN_NeRsMMCFanMtAod-UcAOg

There are others of course.

How can these be better sealed in case it rains while we're out and about?

Anything better I should be looking at?

Jan 25, 2015 at 04:58 PM
kdphotography
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Vinyl Stickers

Solvent inks are probably a better choice long term----if exposed to the elements constantly.

That being said, I've had excellent results with my Epson 9900 printing on self-adhesive substrates, both clear and white. Natura and Kapco are the two media brands I use for these special applications. More suppliers appear on the market now that may be worth exploring.

One way to improve durability is to spray with a protectant like Premier Art Print Shield. The best protection would be hvlp spray by BC Glamour II or similar---which I have done.

ken

Jan 26, 2015 at 10:01 AM
FredAz

p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Vinyl Stickers

I made a custom "fragile" sticker for my Pellican using Premier Display's Adhesive-backed vinyl printed on my Epson 9900. I then shot some rattle-can clear coat over them to protect them from scratching.
Worked great.
Survived round-trip to S. Africa just fine....

Jan 26, 2015 at 10:32 AM

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.