New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2015 · 2015 Air Show - Must See Suggestions

Camerajunqie
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · 2015 Air Show - Must See Suggestions

The last couple of years a couple of friends and I have ventured to Wings over Houston and to Barksdale Air Force base both within 4 hours from home. This year we are thinking about a longer road trip so I am making a list of possible Air Show stops. I thus turn to FM to get some suggestions as "must see". Your suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Jan 25, 2015 at 09:38 AM
Wrei
• • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · 2015 Air Show - Must See Suggestions

Are there some specific acts you would like to see/photograph? If so, what are they? There's the CAF in Midland and Alliance, north of Dallas, is a good general airshow. I like to watch this guy at our local airshow.

http://www.rayswindlepix.com/img/s7/v155/p534524287-5.jpg

Jan 25, 2015 at 09:51 AM
Camerajunqie
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · 2015 Air Show - Must See Suggestions

Not really, I enjoy all of the headliners. I guess I'm just looking to expand to shows with different backdrops than I see in Louisiana, i.e. mountains, snow, water.

Jan 25, 2015 at 10:13 AM
JimW56
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · 2015 Air Show - Must See Suggestions

I was at an air show recently near Tallulah, LA., in Mound actually. The show featured WW2 vintage aircraft as well as modern airshow aircraft. Here are a couple of shots.

_MG_0300.jpg by JimW54, on Flickr

_MG_0310.jpg by JimW54, on Flickr

_MG_0111.jpg by JimW54, on Flickr

_MG_0526.jpg by JimW54, on Flickr

_MG_0077.jpg by JimW54, on Flickr

Feb 15, 2015 at 02:46 PM
Go4Long
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · 2015 Air Show - Must See Suggestions

REALLY depends on how far you want to travel. Abbotsford is definitely a different backdrop, and has the Breitling team and the Snowbirds this year.

Around Mt Baker by Steven Szabo, on Flickr

closer in there's a pretty large contingent from FM (most of the regulars in the Mustangs Air 2 Air thread) that attend Alliance Fort Worth every year. This years lineup is Blue Angels and the Breitling team. It's a really well done show, and Mr Jim Wilson is a most excellent host that takes good care of the FM crowd.

Feb 15, 2015 at 03:32 PM
Wrei
• • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · 2015 Air Show - Must See Suggestions

Beautiful Steven!

Feb 15, 2015 at 04:47 PM
Wrei
• • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · 2015 Air Show - Must See Suggestions

Hey JimW56, ol' jason makes a great take-off doesn't he?!!!

http://www.rayswindlepix.com/img/s11/v33/p936337782-5.jpg

Feb 15, 2015 at 04:52 PM
Douglas L
• • • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · 2015 Air Show - Must See Suggestions

It really depends how far you are willing to travel. Here is a list of the shows in North America in 2015. The F-22 just released their schedule too.

http://www.milavia.net/airshows/calendar/showdates-2015-north_america.html

For those near Washington DC area, on May 8th, they will have the "Arsenal of Democracy WWII Victory Capitol Flyover". Many many types of WWII planes on the list.

Douglas

Feb 25, 2015 at 03:17 PM
JimKied
• • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · 2015 Air Show - Must See Suggestions

I'd like to invite y'all to come down to Pensacola Beach, Florida for the Blue Angel show on July 11. Although the Blues are the main attraction, there are other air attractions that make it a many hour event. Also they fly on Thursday and Friday prior to the show on Saturday - these are dress rehearsals. Bring the family and stay for a week. Pensacola Beach has a lot of water activities to enjoy.

Feb 26, 2015 at 05:37 AM

FM Forums | City, Street & Architecture | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.