FM Forum Rules
Nature & Wildlife Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Nature & Wildlife | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2015 · L&D 14 question

imthegasman
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · L&D 14 question

To all the regular L&D 14 regulars, I have Feb 14-22 off work and was wondering if you will still have Eagles? It would be a good trip for my wife to see her mom and a little photo fun for me.

Thanks for your time,
Richard

Jan 24, 2015 at 08:26 PM
skmadapatu

p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · L&D 14 question

I am not an expert - just 2 days experience. Here is my take as far as Eagle Fishing shots (you may be able to watch the eagle in the tree most of the time):

* Some of those eagles are lazy - unless there is easy fish it that water, they are not going to waste their time in front of you. They can fish anywhere in the Mississippi river or hunt in the land (depending on the snow conditions)
* Eagles are more active when it is cold or some competitive spirit going on or other birds like Pelican shows up.
* If people walk on the park where those 2 trees are, it may scare the eagles and it takes several hours for them to come back.

All the best with your trip

Jan 24, 2015 at 09:03 PM
Larry Williams
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · L&D 14 question

Howdy,

Generally, there should be eagles at LD 14 during that time. They begin to leave at the end of February. If it's cold and the ground is covered with snow, you should have success. If it has been warm, they may migrate early up north to their nesting areas.

So, bring your camera and some luck, 'cause you can't catch fish without having a line in the water.

Larry

Jan 24, 2015 at 10:03 PM
runakid
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · L&D 14 question

Believe Larry- he knows.

Jan 24, 2015 at 10:23 PM
imthegasman
• •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · L&D 14 question

Thank you for the replies. Looks like I'll be visiting my mother-in-law. They are great folks and will enjoy the surprise visit. Maybe I can surprise an Eagle or two.

Richard

Jan 25, 2015 at 03:51 AM
VinnieJ
• • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · L&D 14 question

Looks like it supposed to start getting cold by next weekend. I'm hoping it stays like that through February. Between cloudy skies and warmer temps I didn't even bother trying this weekend.

Jan 25, 2015 at 06:35 AM

FM Forums | Nature & Wildlife | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.