FM Forum Rules
Macro World Resource

FM Forums | Macro & Still Life | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2015 · Playing with a Meike MK-C-UP multifunctional extension tube

LordV
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Playing with a Meike MK-C-UP multifunctional extension tube

First few goes with this adapter which can either be used as an odd electronic extension tube or as I was using a lens reversal adapter that maintains full electronic control of the lens. Tried it with the kit lens. One oddity I noticed during shooting with ETTL flash was the shots were around 1 stop overexposed at my normal flash settings. I think this is because the reversed lens has an aperture around one stop wider than the set aperture. This means needing to shoot with the aperture on the lens about 1 stop smaller than you would normally at any mag and also setting the FEC on the flash about 1 stop -ve to your normal setting.
Mag range with the kit lens was just under 1:1 at 55mm and about 5:1 at 18mm. I hadn't expected to get focus at that focal length but the focus distance was 25mm in front of the adapter ring.

Slightly longer review with more test shots here
https://www.flickr.com/groups/macroviewers/discuss/72157650033598459/

Brian V.

The setup

Magnification - min =0.86:1

Magnification max =5:1.

Single shots at min and max mag

Jan 23, 2015 at 02:36 PM
e6filmuser
• • • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Playing with a Meike MK-C-UP multifunctional extension tube

Brian,

Being able to focus at full aperture (shallow DOF) should increase the chances of hand-held images being in focus when the aperture is at the selected value (deeper DOF) during exposure.

Harold

Jan 24, 2015 at 03:42 AM
ThomasCantwell
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Playing with a Meike MK-C-UP multifunctional extension tube

This seems really awesome! Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be a Nikon version. Anyone know an equivalent device for Nikon?

Jan 24, 2015 at 01:13 PM
LordV
• • • • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Playing with a Meike MK-C-UP multifunctional extension tube

ThomasCantwell wrote:
This seems really awesome! Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be a Nikon version. Anyone know an equivalent device for Nikon?

This has only recently appeared for the canon system - maybe a Nikon one is on it's way ?

Brian v.

Jan 24, 2015 at 01:44 PM
ThomasCantwell
• •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Playing with a Meike MK-C-UP multifunctional extension tube

That would be awesome. Keeping my hand on the aperture lever and getting inconsistent exposures, plus a darkening viewfinder were the only things I didn't like about using my kit lens reversed. This would solve all of that.

Jan 24, 2015 at 02:00 PM

FM Forums | Macro & Still Life | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.