Landscape Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

Archive 2015 · Bird Lake Sunset

Scott Kroeker
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Bird Lake Sunset

Another archive find from 2011 during a 2 day visit to Nopiming Provincial Park in Manitoba. Tulabi Falls is one of the main attractions to the whole park and one I've photographed many times. Tulabi Falls drains into Bird Lake and that is where this was taken. The rocks on the left are the tail end of the falls and usually under water. Out of all my visits to the place this is still the lowest the water has been. I was first introduced to Nopiming in 2010 while shooting cottages for a client. We just happened to be there when the fall colours were at their best. Stupid me I could have gone back the following day but decided I would go back the following weekend. Bad choice as that week it was extremely windy and about 98% of all the leaves blew off the trees. Needless to say I was not happy and vowed to make up for it the next year. During this sunset and the following sunrise I was given glass like water. I took many photos and here is one that I had over looked until now. Since then I go back every fall. Though this year I am planning a road trip for a 2-3 day fall shoot somewhere else.

Click photo to view on black or click here for a larger view

Thanks for looking!

Edited on Jan 23, 2015 at 01:56 PM · View previous versions

Jan 23, 2015 at 01:39 PM
andrew perkins
• •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Bird Lake Sunset

Not sure how you overlooked this one!? Great color in those trees and quite a sky to reflect! wonderful image

Jan 23, 2015 at 01:48 PM
JimFox
• • • • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Bird Lake Sunset

Hey Scott,

This is sure one sweet shot. Love the glass like water and it's reflection. The smorgasbord of fall color to go along with the nice color in the sky makes for a really nice shot.

Jim

Jan 23, 2015 at 02:27 PM
dgdg
• • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Bird Lake Sunset

I like this shot a lot.
Although the trees seem unnaturally bright for sunset, I like it much better this way than darkening them some. It gives great color and detail.
Very nice as always.

David

Jan 23, 2015 at 02:42 PM
CH3NO2
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Bird Lake Sunset

Very nice Scott !

Jan 23, 2015 at 04:29 PM
harshaj1
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Bird Lake Sunset

Scott, You have so many great images in your collection so I am not surprised that you overlook this one. I wish it was mine. beautiful.
harsha

Jan 23, 2015 at 04:32 PM
bktools
• • • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Bird Lake Sunset

Really great, Scott, rich colors + reflection. A perfect composition.

Bob

Jan 23, 2015 at 06:13 PM
Alan Brock
• •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Bird Lake Sunset

"Overlooked" as in never edited before now?! Wow, this is a really great shot. Taken with a 40D too. I love that camera as it was my first ever digital camera.

Jan 23, 2015 at 09:38 PM
ckcarr
• • • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Bird Lake Sunset

Another great shot Scott!

However, I hope you're working on getting that new camera still too!

Jan 23, 2015 at 09:50 PM
roguecoolman
• • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Bird Lake Sunset

Scott,

This a gravy man! fall colors, nice sunset colors, nice comp. It all comes together man.

Jason

Jan 24, 2015 at 01:13 AM
mabidally
• • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Bird Lake Sunset

Beautiful!

Jan 24, 2015 at 01:45 AM
Chaz
• • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Bird Lake Sunset

Beautifully composed, processed. Love the way the stone appears to float.

Jan 24, 2015 at 02:39 AM
ChrisKayler
• • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Bird Lake Sunset

Really, really like this one Scott. The way that foreground rock just seems to float in the water is kind of mesmerizing. The clouds combined with the reflection create such a watercolor-esque image that is just addicting to look at. The color is phenomenal, the light on the mid-ground is subtle but glowing. One of my favorites of yours. No suggestions to improve!

Jan 24, 2015 at 10:36 AM
Hardcore
• • • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Bird Lake Sunset

This is an awesome image Scott! Really loving the light and the stunning reflection.

Jan 24, 2015 at 12:48 PM
dbehrens
• • • •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · Bird Lake Sunset

Love it - very serene! Dave

Jan 24, 2015 at 01:04 PM
Scott Kroeker
• • • • •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · Bird Lake Sunset

Thank you all so very much!

andrew perkins wrote:
Not sure how you overlooked this one!? Great color in those trees and quite a sky to reflect! wonderful image

Alan Brock wrote:
"Overlooked" as in never edited before now?! Wow, this is a really great shot. Taken with a 40D too. I love that camera as it was my first ever digital camera.

Thank you Andrew and Alan. I am not sure how I overlooked this but I do have an idea. This trip yielded many photos and so at the time I may have thought this one was very weak or too "cliché" of a composition to be worth processing. So it got shelved until the other day. I still have a few more from this trip to process yet. Also, my processing has improved considerably since 2011 so I have been going way back in the archives and re-processing many images. Glad I am as now this is one of my favourites from this trip.
---------------------------------------------

ckcarr wrote:
Another great shot Scott!

However, I hope you're working on getting that new camera still too!

Thank you Craig. I'm always working towards that though I haven't been very inspired lately. We've had a strange winter. Too warm and all the snow is melting and ugly with dirt. So not very photogenic right now.
---------------------------------------------

ChrisKayler wrote:
Really, really like this one Scott. The way that foreground rock just seems to float in the water is kind of mesmerizing. The clouds combined with the reflection create such a watercolor-esque image that is just addicting to look at. The color is phenomenal, the light on the mid-ground is subtle but glowing. One of my favorites of yours. No suggestions to improve!

Thank you Chris for you details critique!

Jan 24, 2015 at 03:13 PM
Mark Metternich
• • • • • •
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · Bird Lake Sunset

I'm my Macbook it looks perfect! Nice job Scotty.

Jan 25, 2015 at 03:44 PM
Scott Kroeker
• • • • •
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · Bird Lake Sunset

Mark Metternich wrote:
I'm my Macbook it looks perfect! Nice job Scotty.

Thank you very much Mark!

Jan 25, 2015 at 06:45 PM
dwa652
• • •
p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · Bird Lake Sunset

Fantastic. It appears that the small size on FM does not do it justice. Love the colors and composition!

Jan 25, 2015 at 08:31 PM
dswiger
• • • • •
p.1 #20 · p.1 #20 · Bird Lake Sunset

Very sweet.
Love how you manage to get scenes with just the right rock to anchor!
Keep diggin' in those archives

Dan

Jan 25, 2015 at 09:17 PM
       2       end

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.