New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2015 · Young Man

Abdulla556

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Young Man

Portraite of a young child dressed in traditional clothes during Qatar's national day celebrations

Taken with Fuji XT1 and XF56mm lens

Jan 20, 2015 at 09:37 AM
Jim Rickards
• • • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Young Man

A very interesting costume and facial expression.

This shot is so clear and crisp at the bottom of the costume, but up by his eyes, it begins to look soft. It's almost always best to focus on the eyes.

Jan 20, 2015 at 09:49 AM
RustyBug
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Young Man

+1 @ focus ... looks like the camera may have caught his hands or tassles/fringe (center point AF ), which are in a more forward plane than his eyes.

It's not so much that it can't be overcome with some PP @ selective sharpening push/pull selective blur to re-establish the focal plane somewhat.

As an image overall ... it is a bit stirring emotively @ somber expression and holding the symbolic weaponry, backdropped by the "men" that he someday aspires to become. The regality of the carpeting is also salient to the piece, imo.

Reworked a bit for illustration, which includes a slight crop. I might consider cloning out the "pole" on the left side background as well. The technical PP is easy enough, you did the important part @ capturing the essence of the image ... which comes across very clearly to me.

Will remove rework if preferred it not be presented.

Edited on Jan 20, 2015 at 10:47 AM · View previous versions

Jan 20, 2015 at 10:15 AM
Maritan
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Young Man

Agreed with above. I like the costume and the kid, but focus is a little soft. I actually cleaned my glasses to make sure it wasn't me (or my glasses)...

Jan 20, 2015 at 10:19 AM

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.