Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Salon Shoot C&C please

Thanks in advance...

Jan 20, 2015 at 06:26 AM
schlotz
• • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Salon Shoot C&C please

I'm far from an expert but a couple of quick things I see are bottles coming out of her head, tip of shoe cut off, and a partial chair back on left (distracting).

Jan 20, 2015 at 08:17 AM
speakit101
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Salon Shoot C&C please

Good eye and thanks. Duly noted.

Jan 20, 2015 at 09:52 AM
Jim Rickards
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Salon Shoot C&C please

Good points by schlotz.

Blur up the background or make it part of the scene. I'd be thinking about a head and shoulders shot with that array of colours as part of the background.

Jan 20, 2015 at 09:54 AM
speakit101
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Salon Shoot C&C please

Thanks Jim. Oh how I miss Germany how's the weather there?

Jan 20, 2015 at 10:47 AM
Michaelparris
• • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Salon Shoot C&C please

lighting is good, BG not so much....

Jan 20, 2015 at 06:53 PM
Evan Baines
• • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Salon Shoot C&C please

For my eye, she does not look comfortable on camera, and the posing is doing little to flatter her. By having her sit back with her lower body toward the camera, you are increasing its relative size in the frame. Her left arm is also at an awkward angle that also magnifies its size, along with that odd fold/double shadow at the elbow.

My suggestion would be that for someone I suppose is a salon owner or stylist, having her stand behind the chair (perhaps leaning forward slightly on it) would be both a natural position and would serve to minimize her body in the frame, and leaning in would also make perspective work for you slightly. I also feel that more attention could have been given to the positioning of her hair and the evenness of her skin, given that its a shot advertising hair/beauty services (presumably).

The background is an issue, but the subject's appearance is more noticeable to my wife and I looking at the shot. From my experience, getting the best out of a subject is almost always about maximizing their most visually appealing qualities while finding ways to mask/minimize "trouble spots."

I hope this is useful feedback: its offered with the most helpful of intentions.

Jan 20, 2015 at 07:29 PM

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.