New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

3       end

Archive 2015 · Canon EOS 1D X DSLR for $4,199 Shipped

khurram1
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · Canon EOS 1D X DSLR for $4,199 Shipped

i just sold my 1DX and spare battery for $4800 two weeks ago. Glad i sold when i did!

Jan 20, 2015 at 06:31 PM
El Pedro

p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · Canon EOS 1D X DSLR for $4,199 Shipped

deepbluejh wrote:
Disgusting how much markup there is on the USA market stuff. Either way, great deal here for someone who doesn't mind grey market.

That's quite a funny statement. You guys generally have the best pricing as you have the largest consumer market. Living in Australia I buy a lot of gear from the US, at times I have even got things that are made in Australia but sold to the US market at a much cheaper price from the USA.

What's happening at the moment is that your dollar is making huge ground against most worldwide currencies. This is opening up some great buys for US residents overseas.

A lot of local pricing here in Australia has not yet gone up as a lot of the stock has been in the country since the disparity in currencies widened. Our used market also reflects this, there are some real bargains to be had here for anyone with a bank full of US dollars.

Jan 21, 2015 at 02:41 AM
Stunnaz
• • •
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · Canon EOS 1D X DSLR for $4,199 Shipped

Oh man, I couldn't resist... bought it. My first 1-series! Woohoo.

Jan 21, 2015 at 03:33 PM
Alex Phan
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · Canon EOS 1D X DSLR for $4,199 Shipped

Stunnaz wrote:
Oh man, I couldn't resist... bought it. My first 1-series! Woohoo.

congrat. Let us know how the transaction go.

Jan 22, 2015 at 01:00 AM
IndyFab
• • • • •
p.2 #5 · p.2 #5 · Canon EOS 1D X DSLR for $4,199 Shipped

With the price drop of the 1Dx & 5DIII, the writing is on the wall. Some new bodies on the horizon !!

Jan 22, 2015 at 02:18 AM
Invertalon
• • •
p.2 #6 · p.2 #6 · Canon EOS 1D X DSLR for $4,199 Shipped

It is getting SO tempting to pick up a 1Dx if it drops below the $4K mark... However, a part of me says it is an aging body and I am really curious what the new 5D's will do...

Jan 22, 2015 at 08:00 AM
danski0224
• • •
p.2 #7 · p.2 #7 · Canon EOS 1D X DSLR for $4,199 Shipped

I think it is just as likely that the price drops are connected to a strong US dollar ("grey" items) and the Canon 1DX rebate (USA) must be connected to slow sales.

There is always something else in the pipeline. At least Canon is revamping the lenses first to compliment whatever body is up their sleeves. The 1DX has the high ISO to push for higher shutter speeds if they release a high MP body.

When/if the 1DsIV is released, a MSRP of 2x $4,000.00 USD isn't unimagineable.

Even if you buy a 1DX now, selling it later at a "loss" is the same as a cheap rental.

Jan 22, 2015 at 08:18 AM
anelles
• •
p.2 #8 · p.2 #8 · Canon EOS 1D X DSLR for $4,199 Shipped

I caved and ordered one. Should be here Saturday, I'll report back.

They gave me a call to confirm shipment the next day, didn't push any bait and switch tactics. They just gave me an estimated delivery date and confirmed that I understood that it was grey market.

Jan 22, 2015 at 12:33 PM
andyjh
• •
p.2 #9 · p.2 #9 · Canon EOS 1D X DSLR for $4,199 Shipped

Feel free to correct me if you feel my thinking is wrong here, but a Canon USA warranty covers the original owner for a one year period. If you buy grey, saving $2000.00, it seems unless you have a catastrophic issue approaching a $2000.00 repair bill in your first year you'll be well ahead of the game. Once one year has elapsed it would seem to me that the risk has completely disappeared as you'd have no warranty coverage even on your USA model. Fire away!

Jan 23, 2015 at 10:15 AM
ClausC
• •
p.2 #10 · p.2 #10 · Canon EOS 1D X DSLR for $4,199 Shipped

The weak yen is showing. Canon will try to keep the prices up to get a unreasonable profit, unless we postpone purchases until Canon lowers their price.

Jan 23, 2015 at 10:23 AM
mitesh
• • • • •
p.2 #11 · p.2 #11 · Canon EOS 1D X DSLR for $4,199 Shipped

andyjh wrote:
Feel free to correct me if you feel my thinking is wrong here, but a Canon USA warranty covers the original owner for a one year period. If you buy grey, saving $2000.00, it seems unless you have a catastrophic issue approaching a $2000.00 repair bill in your first year you'll be well ahead of the game. Once one year has elapsed it would seem to me that the risk has completely disappeared as you'd have no warranty coverage even on your USA model. Fire away!

I tend to agree with that line of thinking. Additionally, the seller does offer a 1-year warranty. Now, how reliable and proficient their technicians are is totally open to speculation and debate, so if I was to buy this expensive import model and had some doubts as to warranty coverage, I would make sure to purchase insurance through a reputable insurer that would cover repairs or replacement. Then, in case you do run into a major repair, you can avail yourself of the policy's protection.

Jan 23, 2015 at 10:47 AM
lowside67
• • •
p.2 #12 · p.2 #12 · Canon EOS 1D X DSLR for $4,199 Shipped

That's the part that I truly don't understand. Used sellers whose cameras are outside the factory warranty think that their camera is worth a premium to a US one... why? It's not like CPS won't work on a grey market camera and it's certainly not like the US market ones are somehow superior.

Mark

Jan 23, 2015 at 11:29 AM
andyjh
• •
p.2 #13 · p.2 #13 · Canon EOS 1D X DSLR for $4,199 Shipped

lowside67 wrote:
That's the part that I truly don't understand. Used sellers whose cameras are outside the factory warranty think that their camera is worth a premium to a US one... why? It's not like CPS won't work on a grey market camera and it's certainly not like the US market ones are somehow superior.

Mark

Exactly. It's not like a motor vehicle that was manufactured to comply with European standards and won't be considered "roadworthy" in the USA. It's a freak'n camera. It'll take a picture just fine.

Jan 23, 2015 at 11:45 AM
sgtbueno
• • •
p.2 #14 · p.2 #14 · Canon EOS 1D X DSLR for $4,199 Shipped

mitesh wrote:
Please buy another one . Today.

hahahaha

Jan 23, 2015 at 06:22 PM
sirimiri
• • • •
p.2 #15 · p.2 #15 · Canon EOS 1D X DSLR for $4,199 Shipped

andyjh wrote:
It's not like a motor vehicle that was manufactured to comply with European standards and won't be considered "roadworthy" in the USA.

Oh, it'll drive all right, but getting it registered for on-road use might be a little difficult/pricey

Jan 23, 2015 at 06:28 PM
Alex Phan
• • • • •
p.2 #16 · p.2 #16 · Canon EOS 1D X DSLR for $4,199 Shipped

lowside67 wrote:

Mark

do you apply this same thinking when you selling your equipment? Guess not eh?

Jan 25, 2015 at 12:19 AM
lowside67
• • •
p.2 #17 · p.2 #17 · Canon EOS 1D X DSLR for $4,199 Shipped

Bubble wrote:
do you apply this same thinking when you selling your equipment? Guess not eh?

Of course I do. I expect buyers to be rational and for them to buy my nearly new 300 2.8, I have priced it at $5250usd, much less than a new one.

Jan 25, 2015 at 02:27 AM
Ed Lee
• •
p.2 #18 · p.2 #18 · Canon EOS 1D X DSLR for $4,199 Shipped

I guess the success of the sale made them increase the price a few hundred bucks!

Jan 26, 2015 at 11:34 AM
anelles
• •
p.2 #19 · p.2 #19 · Canon EOS 1D X DSLR for $4,199 Shipped

Got mine today. All is fine.

The battery has slightly different labeling than the US version. The charger also came with a non-Canon power cord, the charger itself is just fine.

The camera came with firmware 2.0.7, isn't 2.0.3 the latest version

Jan 26, 2015 at 09:46 PM
Focus Locus
• • •
p.2 #20 · p.2 #20 · Canon EOS 1D X DSLR for $4,199 Shipped

anelles wrote:
Got mine today. All is fine.

The battery has slightly different labeling than the US version. The charger also came with a non-Canon power cord, the charger itself is just fine.

The camera came with firmware 2.0.7, isn't 2.0.3 the latest version

Canon still shows 2.0.3 as the latest firmware. The only other posts that refer to 2.0.7 are the rumor mill sites that pounced upon and rebroadcast a forum member's post that the camera he/she received, also a grey market from eBay, shipped with 2.0.7. That original poster could have been you, or someone like you who recently bought the same body from the same vendor. But man, do the rumor sites make front page news about it, so as to be the first to scoop any possible scintilla of a "silent" precursor to a firmware update.

History has shown that isn't how Canon works. When Canon releases a firmware update, they make it quite clear with announcements, letters, notifications, website pages, and links. This has not happened. I would be somewhat concerned about the firmware version your grey market camera is reporting. I would research websites in Asia, for example, to see if you can find any corroboration with Canon of any market.

Last month I took delivery of Canon USA market 1DX that shipped with 2.0.3, for what it's worth.

Jan 26, 2015 at 11:47 PM
       3       end

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

3       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.