New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2015 · My (naturephoto1) New Website

naturephoto1
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · My (naturephoto1) New Website

My new website for Aluminum/Metal Prints has finally gone live about 20 minutes ago. The web address has not changed; it is www.nelridge.com

There are about 250 photos on the website with a Home Page and 14 Galleries on the site. The oldest image on the website dates back to 1984 and the newest images are from December 30, 2014. Older images through June of 2008 are all shot on film and Digital Images were shot from June of 2008 to present.

Comments are most welcome and appreciated.

Rich

Edited on Jan 18, 2015 at 10:07 PM · View previous versions

Jan 18, 2015 at 02:01 PM
matanuska
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · My (naturephoto1) New Website

Looks good from my really preliminary exploration. However, you may want to test the code a bit more. I get a really wierd behavior with your menu system. Depending on where I mouseover on the screen, the menu will expand and collapse faster than the frame rate of my a6000! It's like looking at a high speed strobe.

I'm currently using IE9.

It does work just fine in Firefox though.

Jan 18, 2015 at 03:33 PM
naturephoto1
• • • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · My (naturephoto1) New Website

matanuska wrote:
Looks good from my really preliminary exploration. However, you may want to test the code a bit more. I get a really wierd behavior with your menu system. Depending on where I mouseover on the screen, the menu will expand and collapse faster than the frame rate of my a6000! It's like looking at a high speed strobe.

I'm currently using IE9.

It does work just fine in Firefox though.

I am not sure, I just checked IE I believe it is the most current version and I did not notice any issues.

I believe it should work fine with Firefox, Chrome (I did all of the work in Chrome), at least most versions of IE, I believe it is supposed to work OK with Safari. I know we had some issues with Opeera.

This is a WordPress PhotoCrati developed Website.

Rich

Jan 18, 2015 at 03:54 PM
coreybell
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · My (naturephoto1) New Website

It looked good to me Rich. Smooth and fast, great photos though some seem a lot the same in close-up where I noticed this.

Jan 18, 2015 at 04:02 PM
naturephoto1
• • • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · My (naturephoto1) New Website

coreybell wrote:
It looked good to me Rich. Smooth and fast, great photos though some seem a lot the same in close-up where I noticed this.

Thank you. Many of the images in the close-up gallery were a little different for content and/or composition. In this case, I wanted people to have a bit of selection if they were interested. I could certainly remove at least a couple.

Rich

Jan 18, 2015 at 04:07 PM
galenapass
• • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · My (naturephoto1) New Website

This is going to be an unpopular post. But, when someone who posts on FM - someone we know - promotes their website somehow that is a good thing. After all, we know this person and enjoy their contribution. However, when we do not know the individual I think it is well recognized that they are using FM as a forum to promote traffic to their cause (think of someone with 1 to 20 posts). The question is...where do we draw the line?

Rich, I looked at your website and I like it. But (and perhaps this is 2 glasses of wine talking) where do we draw line? I for one am not sure. But I would not like FM to turn into a Yahoo chat room.

Jan 18, 2015 at 09:44 PM
naturephoto1
• • • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · My (naturephoto1) New Website

galenapass wrote:
This is going to be an unpopular post. But, when someone who posts on FM - someone we know - promotes their website somehow that is a good thing. After all, we know this person and enjoy their contribution. However, when we do not know the individual I think it is well recognized that they are using FM as a forum to promote traffic to their cause (think of someone with 1 to 20 posts). The question is...where do we draw the line?

Rich, I looked at your website and I like it. But (and perhaps this is 2 glasses
...Show more

No problem. I posted this "announcement" because this is the first major change since the initial website was launched 14 years ago and the website was rebuilt basically from the ground up. I also wanted comments including letting me know if there were issues with the site, etc. Between 2000 and 2015 the changes to the original website consisted essentially of the inclusion of some new images, changes in my address and phone number and the updating of my Art Show schedule.

Rich

Jan 18, 2015 at 09:50 PM
matanuska
• • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · My (naturephoto1) New Website

naturephoto1 wrote:
I also wanted comments including letting me know if there were issues with the site, etc.
Rich

I did let you know of an issue, but you blew me off. I can only make the bug reports. Ignoring them is of course your prerogative.

Jan 18, 2015 at 10:55 PM
galenapass
• • • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · My (naturephoto1) New Website

naturephoto1 wrote:
No problem. I posted this "announcement" because this is the first major change since the initial website was launched 14 years ago and the website was rebuilt basically from the ground up. I also wanted comments including letting me know if there were issues with the site, etc. Between 2000 and 2015 the changes to the original website consisted essentially of the inclusion of some new images, changes in my address and phone number and the updating of my Art Show schedule.

Rich

I think it's very interesting to see what FM members are up to. But, the thought crossed my mind, when exactly is it that one gets into the "club"? I didn't mean to single you out, just asking a general question. Hope I have not offended.

Jan 19, 2015 at 02:41 AM
naturephoto1
• • • • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · My (naturephoto1) New Website

matanuska wrote:
I did let you know of an issue, but you blew me off. I can only make the bug reports. Ignoring them is of course your prerogative.

---------------------------------------------

galenapass wrote:
I think it's very interesting to see what FM members are up to. But, the thought crossed my mind, when exactly is it that one gets into the "club"? I didn't mean to single you out, just asking a general question. Hope I have not offended.

matanuska,

I am sorry if it appeared that I blew you off; Thank you for letting me the trouble that you experienced. I certainly did not mean that I was just blowing you off or ignoring you. After I read your response I immediately checked the website with IE (apparently since I am using Windows 7, I am using IE version 10) and I reported back that I did not see any issue. I was hoping that someone else may also observe the same issue that you mentioned. At this point no one else has volunteered that they too had experienced the problem. So, as of now I do not know whether this is a single incident issue or whether it may be related some or certain versions of IE. I just went back and checked using IE10 and I kept moving the mouse over all of the links for the website including all of the galleries and I did not see any issues as you described them. Everything appeared to be stable as far as I could tell. You can not move the cursor extremely quickly past the links of the menu in IE10 at the top of the page or you could possilby see this as a flash effect. But if you move the cursor/mouse a little slower I did not notice any of that affect. This does not mean that you did not experience an issue and it is certainly possible that there may be a problem that is noticed when using IE9 or other versions of IE. I have not heard anyone reporting any issues with IE11 at this point.

galenapass,

I was not offended by your response.

Rich

Jan 19, 2015 at 07:43 AM
Steve Spencer
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · My (naturephoto1) New Website

Rich,

I appreciate you sharing your website. It is nice and I like the organization. I think it showcases your work well. I agree with galena pass that listing a site if you don't post regularly seems a bit of way to just drive traffic to your site and is at least potentially problematic, but for people who post frequently like Rich I think it is nice to get an update on their site every once in a while and once every 15 years is certainly ok. I think Fred could define this if he wanted to as he has other things (how many posts before you can cross post, or post on the buy and sell, etc.), but I think we can also vote with our cursors. If someone just posts a link to their website and they aren't a regular I don't click on it and I have noticed the topic seems to drop down the board pretty quickly. So, I am not sure anything really needs to be done.

Jan 19, 2015 at 10:55 AM
naturephoto1
• • • • • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · My (naturephoto1) New Website

Steve Spencer wrote:
Rich,

I appreciate you sharing your website. It is nice and I like the organization. I think it showcases your work well. I agree with galena pass that listing a site if you don't post regularly seems a bit of way to just drive traffic to your site and is at least potentially problematic, but for people who post frequently like Rich I think it is nice to get an update on their site every once in a while and once every 15 years is certainly ok. I think Fred could define this if he wanted to as he has
...Show more

Steve,

Thanks for the most kind words.

Rich

Jan 19, 2015 at 11:02 AM
Vern Dewit
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · My (naturephoto1) New Website

Looks great Rich! Thanks for sharing.

Jan 19, 2015 at 02:55 PM

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.