Deadline: August 20th noon UTC/GMT

WA Rules ยท Current entries

FM Forums | Weekly Assignments | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2015 · #641 Radio Days

jbush
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · #641 Radio Days

This is my first submission to the WA forum. I have watched from a distance for a while and see that (like other areas of FM) there are a lot of talented photographers here. My hope is that by participating on a regular basis I can learn from you and share what I can along the way. So here goes...

This picture was taken in my mother-in-law's attic yesterday as I explored the many "forgotten items" that have accumulated over the nearly 60 years she has lived there. I was trying to leave things as they were to preserve the nature of this space (cobwebs in my face were the exception) and I came across this old radio console with an empty beer case on top of it...it looked like the perfect combination for a party from yesteryear and made me think of the good times that were enjoyed when the tubes in this old console were all warmed up.

Thanks for looking.

Jon

Jan 18, 2015 at 10:21 AM
beavens
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · #641 Radio Days

Jon,

Nice shot and I'm glad that you've started to submit to the WAs!

I dig your shot and execution - this is something I'd love to see in mono as well.

Best of luck,

Jeff

Jan 18, 2015 at 10:37 AM
jbush
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · #641 Radio Days

Thanks very much Jeff. Great idea about mono. I'll see about posting another version for comparison.

Regards,
Jon

Jan 18, 2015 at 11:25 AM
jbush
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · #641 Radio Days

beavens wrote:
Jon,

Nice shot and I'm glad that you've started to submit to the WAs!

I dig your shot and execution - this is something I'd love to see in mono as well.

Best of luck,

Jeff

Following up on Jeff's suggestion...here is a b&w conversion (using Silver Efex). Thanks again for looking (and commenting!).

Jon

Jan 18, 2015 at 02:07 PM

FM Forums | Weekly Assignments | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.