FM Forum Rules
Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2015 · Critique my new site

t4haughton
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Critique my new site

Just finished a major website overhaul to enable responsive design and retina graphics. Spent the better part of a year working on various aspects, but I'd love to hear what you all have to say about things.

You're welcome to critique anything about the site. Images are fair game too, but I'm more interested in how things load and if anyone notices anything looking wonky.

Here's the link:

http://wasabiphotography.com

Jan 18, 2015 at 05:08 AM
julian45
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Critique my new site

I was kinda expecting the slide shows to play

Jan 18, 2015 at 06:28 AM
t4haughton
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Critique my new site

I can enable auto-play on the slideshow, but I've always found the auto advance a bit annoying. Anybody else?

Jan 18, 2015 at 08:11 PM
johnrg
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Critique my new site

I prefer autoplay myself but don't think it's a big issue if it's not enabled. Your slideshows have visible controls and thumbnails at the bottom so they are easy enough to navigate. Overall I like the look of your site--it's clean and simple and your work is solid. My only crit is that I found your pricing on the inquire page, and having a dedicated pricing page that expands on what you offer might be more helpful. Just my 2 pennies, nice work!

Jan 18, 2015 at 08:59 PM
Nikon_14
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Critique my new site

Images #1 & #2 on your engagement port, IMHO, are decent, but not attention-grabbing.

#4 & #5 enhance your value. Those L trains make for a number of great background items.

Love the aquarium as well.

Overall, I really like the images with the Big Cityscape in the background- if I were engaged and living out in Ft. Wayne, IN or somewhere else close by, I'm sure that I'd make a date out of a trip to the windy city.

Jan 18, 2015 at 09:00 PM
D. Diggler
• • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Critique my new site

t4haughton wrote:

I can enable auto-play on the slideshow, but I've always found the auto advance a bit annoying.

I'm no expert but hasn't it been found that viewers like to control the rate of the advance, themselves? Thought I read something about that.

Jan 19, 2015 at 04:53 AM
chrisfphotog
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Critique my new site

Very easy to navigate and understand. I love how clean the blog layout is.

I generally hate auto-play as well, but I think for your site it would work, maybe set to change every 5 seconds or so.

Jan 19, 2015 at 02:38 PM
MattGruber
• •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Critique my new site

Love the clean look. It's not overwhelming and cluttered, which is great. I'm on the "anti-autoplay" side. I've always tended to find it distracting. In 2015 most people can figure out how to see the next image.

Jan 19, 2015 at 05:30 PM
t4haughton
• • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Critique my new site

Thanks everyone. I'm going to leave off the autoplay for now. Appreciate all the feedback.

Jan 21, 2015 at 02:09 PM
coreybell
• • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Critique my new site

It's nice and easy to navigate, loads fast and I like that I control the slide rate myself.
"third wheel" that's funny I like it. Good use of off camera flash also.

Jan 21, 2015 at 03:28 PM

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.