FM Forum Rules
Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2015 · Blu Domain

Image Group
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Blu Domain

Anyone here ever have to deal with Blu Domain customer service...or I should say lack of customer service? My website has been down for 3 days now and I received an email from tech support suggesting I buy a new template and rebuild my site because they have a great sale going on? I have never seen such a blatant regard for customer service anywhere at this level. So, obviously I am looking for a new site and I'd like to know what's worked for others out there. I've been with BD for over 10 years.

Jan 16, 2015 at 09:58 PM
friscoron
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Blu Domain

One of my websites is bludomain, has been for five years. Only reason I haven't bailed is because of the trouble in transfering to a new host, specifically my email. I have two annual fees to pay to them. The first one is $100 and they always email me an invoice and I pay it. Then there's a $15 fee that follows a month later and they do not send me an invoice for that one, nor do they give any warning that they're going to shut down my website. They've shut it down four years straight, the last three on a holiday weekend. You think they don't have customer service during the week? Nothing on the weekend. If your site goes down, too bad.

They have no customer service, period. They do not care about their customers. Get away from them as soon as you can. Your headaches have just begun.

Jan 16, 2015 at 11:07 PM
MRomine
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Blu Domain

If you want sanity in your life get away from Blu as fast as you can, no matter what it costs you in time and money. I had a site with them the 9-10 years ago and the bad taste is still in my mouth. They are very near the top of the heap of the worst customer service providers in any industry.

Jan 16, 2015 at 11:43 PM
lilyphoto
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Blu Domain

Wow, really? I must be the lucky one. I've been with them for 5 years and any time I've had a problem I've gotten a reply within a few hours. Wade (one of their customer service guys) has actually emailed me back at 11 at night before.

Jan 17, 2015 at 09:11 AM
LeeSimms
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Blu Domain

We had two sites with them back in the day (the flash day). Both brought us a lot of business and we never had an issue — but we never used them for serving, which is where most of the world's ire for them begins.

Jan 17, 2015 at 09:34 AM
Ziffl3
• • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Blu Domain

Another satisfied customer.
I have had really good response from customer service.
I receive 3 to 4 notices starting at 120 days out of upcoming renewals.

Only a couple time has the website been a little slow. This is over 4-5 years.

I have looked into other hosting sites... but never found a compelling reason to move.

-Mark

Jan 17, 2015 at 11:15 AM
friscoron
• • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Blu Domain

lilyphoto wrote:
Wow, really? I must be the lucky one. I've been with them for 5 years and any time I've had a problem I've gotten a reply within a few hours. Wade (one of their customer service guys) has actually emailed me back at 11 at night before.

Next time, I'm totally asking for Wade.

I usually have Harald working with me. I've probably been assigned to him.

Jan 17, 2015 at 11:28 AM
sboerup
• • • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Blu Domain

Way back when I was with Blu and never had an issue. I'm surprised theyre even still around as I don't remember the last time I saw someone using their templates anymore.

Jan 18, 2015 at 11:15 PM
paparazzinick
• • • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Blu Domain

We had a blu site back in the day. Had them for a year then realized there was cheaper and better out there. So we left. No issue at all and was very simple to move everything. Last year I was cleaning out some stuff in the office and found my old blu stuff probably 8 years old now. I went to the link they had my site hosted at and believe it or not, it was still there. I could even log in to the admin side and make changes if I wanted. Talk about a waste of space for them for 8 years.

Jan 19, 2015 at 10:45 AM

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.